Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bats or mice in my walls and finished 3rd floor?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by victorbron5 View Post
    It's winter time in NH. My house is 3 levels and the attic is finished. There isn't a crawl space to check for pests. We have 2 dormers in the front of the home and it is believed the critters are entering there. Every night from 11-6am we here the scurrying critters above us in the ceiling, then they're going along the walls. They run about loudly for 5-10 minutes then it quiets down for 20 minutes or so. Then it starts up again. I was told that bats hibernate in the winterand wake up from time to time but don't go beserk. I had a pest control associate check the house and looked in the basement--he saw a small amount of droppings. He left 5 traps, I checked them daily--nothing. When he came back in 12 days and saw nothing he concluded I had bats. I think they're mice because of the constant scurrying about the walls and ceiling. Anyone with an experience similar to mine----your insight would be appreciated? Thanks!
    Bit strange I have faced pest problems but never had bats in my home. You must be living in suburb areas.

Thanks
    I think the gentlemen is referring to the Chupacabra quite common amongst Latin barrios, it also seems to dwell in subcontinent
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    If you are looking for a solution for rats & mice plant some Ruta Graveleons also known as Rue in your garden.
    Try & find a place in your garden that is windy so that the wind can carry the scent.

4. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (18-Sep-13)

Suspended
    Thanks
    I already have that experience in my home and all I have to do is I have my techniques so that all bats are keeping out in my home. I try to use all the pesticide control and I found out that it is very effective to use.

Email problem
    Thanks
    How are you staying at such Floor where it's full of mice and bats,why dont you go for an pest control treatment,it's the only way to get rid off such pests.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I am sure you would have found some solution for this issue. if not or anybody else facing such issue then here is probably a solution for them:-

i will suggest you to rap on the wall gently at the point you hear the noises. you will still be hearing scratching if it is still in there. It would either a mouse or squirrel that entered into your walls which fell in the gap between the walls. I am sure you will find it whatever it is dead in two or three days. After making sure with a stick whether it is dead or not pick it up and BURY the bagged mouse.

I hope this answer will help!

Thanks
    I have rats that come from the field next door to my garbage bin outside. I knock them down with a pellet gun from my stoep ... dead-rest aim... doef. I have shot about 15 or so in the last 2 months and they seem to have stopped coming to my yard as much. I should actually skin them and make a top hat
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12