Sorry for the negative post esp as I have not posted for so long. I have one question at the moment. Can anybody point me in the direction of one positive aspect of the present government? Except SARS, things are bad when you look at the reciever as a positive. Things seem to be crumbling and there is nothing anybody can do about it. Electrical power outages, education, law enforcement, judicial, Municipalities.
The reason I feel the way I do at the moment is our beaches and beach front properties were hammered by large waves recently in Ballito as many may have read. To date nothing has been done to repair the damage, this is now having a severe affect on the small local businesses in the area. Many are being forced to close their doors due to the lack of tourism. This results in job losses to our local population. This will also result in the devaluation of the property market in the area. An application was made to province for the disaster relief as the estimated damage is 48 mil and this was turned down. Why would you turn down a legitimate application to one of your prime tourist destinations? Or is the view one of it’s a wealthy area fix it yourselves. Sorry guys this has just really pi$$ed on my battery this morning, this and the news that Eskom is looking for an 18% increase in their tariffs to build more power stations. What have they been doing for the last 10yrs?
Feel much better now that i have had my rant, Thanks everyone.