one of my customers put in a pile of application forms for pre paid meters in january 2012...on the 10 july 2012...it is faster to drive to their offices...than to sit on the phone waiting for them to answer the phone...so i took a drive to the office to find out why these application forms had not been processed yet...you sit in long ques waiting to see a person at the counter...then when you finally get there...i am told the there are no records of the applications...and their system is off line...so they cant help me...i am then told i must wait for a couple of days call them and find out if they are online before i go to the offices....i am not gona say what i think of ethekwini and their absolutely pathetic services they offer...

i put in applications forms for meters to be relocated 500mm to the left of their present location...due to a modification to the building...i go into their offices to discuss the plan etc...before i put in the application...i am told to communicate with their customer services "technical staff" who instruct advise me on how to go about the relocation etc...we make provision in the new location...fit new meter boxes etc...run all the new cables to this location...a couple of months later their planning department sends out a person to do the costing...they send a letter instructing us that we cannot move the meters to the new location and instead have to move the meters to the boundry...fit kiosks etc etc...at a cost of around R35000...when i explained to the planning department that i had discussed the entire layout with one of their customer services "technical" people...i was told that their "technical" people in customer services dont have any authority to discuss these type of technical issues as they dont have the skills required like the planning department and that the planning department have the authority to over rule any decision made by customer services "technical" staff....eeeeeish so the next time you need to make changes to an exsisitng or new installtion make sure you go to their planning department first...so who is always the sucker who has to pay...yes "YOU" the customer...

this electrical industry must have the biggest bunch of confused wankers working in it...considering the state of the industry...the DOl cant handle thier job so they are trying to palm off their responsibility onto anyone wanting to take it on...the ecb dont quite know who is registering who through which organisation...the eca are just trying to cling onto anything they can to make a buc...the bargaining council...well nobody quite knows if they still exsist or not or if they actually have a palce in the industry....seta has collapsed causing many training facilities to go bankrupt and close down...if you feel i am out of line with these statements...please feel free to enlighten me of the progress in the right direction.