Thread: 2012 South African Cybercrime and Security Survey (academic research)

Thanks

Exclamation 2012 South African Cybercrime and Security Survey (academic research)

I am an Information Systems Honours student at the University of Cape Town. My research aims to establish the perceived severity of the cybercrime problem in South Africa, and how organisations are protecting themselves. Your participation will allow me to compile current cybercrime statistics for South Africa.

The survey targets professionals with knowledge of IT and information security in their respective organisations, such as yourself. The research is conducted in the form of an online survey that you are kindly asked to complete. To go directly to the survey, click on the link below, or cut and paste the URL into your browser: http://cybercrime.limeask.com/28654/lang-en. The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.

Participation is voluntary; participants will remain anonymous and all data obtained will be kept strictly confidential. You may refrain from participating or decide to withdraw at any time. Incomplete surveys will not form part of the data analysis.

The research is conducted for academic purposes only. If the research findings prove to be useful to the broader community, the results could be presented in a journal or at a conference proceeding. The researcher will not mention any specific participant or organisation.

You have the option of receiving a copy of the report. To do so, provide your email address at the end of the survey. Your email address will not be linked to your response.
    I appreciate your willingness to participate and value your response. Please contact me with any questions you may have regarding the research or survey.

Yours sincerely,

Hugo Stroebel

Thanks
    Hi guys, thanks to everyone that has completed the survey so far - I have 20 responses and require another 40! Any other takers?