Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game special

Suspended
    Thanks
    they have got smart to that...they tell you that the model number of the product they import is different to the one hi fi corp sells.

Thanks
    I have NEVER yet had them try that on me - I have got the reduction every time!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I will never buy anything from HiFi Corporation again. I will rather buy from Game at a higher price because I know that I will get good service if something does go wrong.
    The Duh,Duh Corp is dangerous news. I bought a DVD player from them a few Year back, plugged it in and Name:  Explode-04-june.gif
Views: 432
Size:  16.1 KB It was my fault they said."You plugged it incorrectly into the PLUG. Eish I am still trying to figure how to plug it in the Socket correctly.
    Last edited by dfsa; 30-Jul-12 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks
    When I buy from Hi-Fi Corruption I always assume I am buying from the chap at the robots. Will buy if awesome deal, and got lucky with a few things, but if it breaks I just say "tough luck" and toss it!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I got myself a Samsung LED screen from H!-F! Corporation 1 month after I got it, it broke and they refused to phone Samsung because I knew "from experience" that this was a factory fault. I signed it in and got 1 SMS from them and never had feedback after that. I had to constantly go back and ask what was happening and they said Samsung will contact me.

I got sick of the BS and demanded my money back because I don’t have a product and they took my money. So they said ok I can buy something else. Big surprise everything else was about R1000 more expensive.

So I paid in on a second TV set got home and it was DOA "dead on arrival" took it back then they said I was responsible for the DOA I demanded that they proof that! SO I got a third set and guess what… DOA at this point I was getting really angry and they got another one and tested it at the shop. They didn’t even bother to put it back in the box properly I had to repack it myself before leaving.

About a 2 weeks after this BS Samsung phoned me and ask if I was happy with my new TV? I told him I was never given a new TV…. So the truth is Samsung did give me a new TV without any additional cost!!! But this fact was kept from me along with the new set...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @kleva - I fully agree...Hi Fi Corp should be called Hi Fi Crap

The couple of things I bought from them were all crap. My replacement Philips DVD player also broke after 3 months.

I think that Julius Malema's cousin must own Hi Fi Corp....they sell hi fi's like he builds bridges...

Thanks
    I've bought a few cheaper appliances from Hi Fi Corruption and have had a couple that have been okay and a couple that went toes-up after about a year. Much like Kleva suggested I just tossed them even though one of then was definately still in warranty. It would have been more trouble than it was worth to dig out the receipt and drive down there.

Suspended
    Thanks
    this still blows my mind...people buy cheap junk then expect excellent backup service...maybe someone should draw a picture...indicating that if you buy something from hi fi corp or the china malls going up all over sa...surely you dont expect the cpa to cover your purchase...when a person gives you a hand written receipt...with "no refund...no returns...no service" there must be an alarm going off in your head...this product is a disposable item...not designed to last...just a way to move it to a location where it then becomes that countries problem to dispose of it....so if they can unloaded containers full of plastic waste on adaily basis who cares if it works or not...or if it breaks days later...in fact the sooner the better because then more waste can be dumped.

i beleive and this is my theory...i could be way off the mark...the east have figued out a way of dumping their waste without it being seen as waste and the best part...the idiots in the west are actually buying it.

9. Thanks given for this post:

Chrisjan B (06-Aug-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
    Why pay more at Game?

Go there, show them the HiFi Corp advert for the item you wish to buy, and they will beat the price (by onlt R1.00 - but - hey - you are getting the goods you want from a decent dealer)!

Gave categorically advertise that they will beat the price of the identical product elswhere.
    I have never had a problem with Game. At least they honour their guarantees and they are not shy to drop the price when a competitor sells at a lower price.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I've recently had a TV, set purchased at Game in Aug 2009, pack up on me. Fortunately I still had the slip so I took it back to Game. No problem, there's a 5 year guarantee and they'll have it repaired under the guarantee. Their policy is; if not repaired within 3 weeks they will replace or refund.

After 3 weeks I enquired about the TV as I have not heard a peep from Game. Still at the repair shop. One or 2 phone calls later and about 10 mins wait, they agreed to refund me the full amount. No hassle at all.

The irony of it all is that the TV was a gift (for my office, so that I can stay up to date with important news and sport results) and I paid nothing for it. In the mean time the price of TV's reduced by about 50%, so I had the full amount refunded to me and only paid 50% for the (better) replacement. Now that's what I call customer service!!!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12