Thread: Thoughts on Done4U.co.za?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Thoughts on Done4U.co.za?

Hi guys

I'm launching a new business where I take care of the initial set up of your content-managed website and then continue providing a "done for you" service where we write your content for you and post it to your site.

This is to fill the gap between folks who want to do it all themselves and folks who want it all done for them. We set up your website for you and write blog posts for you each week, and integrate your website into Facebook, Twitter, etc, so that these posts are automatically shared with your social network BUT... you can still go in and change anything at any point and you have unlimited emails, storage, etc.

One other little "unique" thing about this business is you pay only R1k up-front, and the rest when you're happy. It's a risk-reversal guarantee that basically says, "We work until you're happy."

So... what do you think of the website?

www.done4u.co.za

I've done some preliminary testing with AdWords today and it's gotten a decent amount of clicks and 1 or 2 tyre-kickers (who clicked the signup buttons but never bought).

PS: I'm bringing a sales guy onboard to handle all calls relating to the business, so there WILL be a big, bold, white number at the top of every page that you'll be able to call. Please keep that in mind
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wow! Quite a change from your normal style, Norri. (And for the better to my mind).

The beauty of the web is you can test what actually works virtually for free. The first thing that struck my mind was a split test between putting the prices at the top of the packages as you have there, and putting it at the bottom with the "Buy now" button immediately below.

Thanks
    Thanks Dave Great suggestion! I don't have much traffic yet to split-test with but as I tweak and improve my AdWords campaign, and break 100 clicks a day, I should be able to run some pretty reliable tests.

Thanks
    Any other tips or questions?

If you were in the market for a website
    -OR-
    When you bought your last website...

...what questions did/would you have in mind that aren't answered by my website?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I hope you dont mind a critic of the site. Firstly I dont think the picture on the front works, on visiting the site I first wanted to read what it offered and while that is on picture says what you offer I thought it was a pop up and kept looking for the close button. And with my limited knowledge on websites did not find what you offered very clear, but I was eventually scared when the seen the 4999R. Is what you offering 4999R for design and registering ones own domain and web hosting.
    So my thinking would be to first advertise web hosting from as little as 99R . Design, hosting etc from small deposit of R1000.
    Then at the bottom have the 4999.00 etc. Do you offer smaller services, like say I wanted you to register a domain co.za for me, and to host my site, but do all the design and seo work on my own?

Thanks
    I don't understand the problem you encountered. Did you not see the R4,990 pricing at the top? If so, did you try refreshing the page? If it didn't load, it could be a connection issue - something I can't fix and that happens from time to time. A refresh normally sorts it out.

Regarding registering a domain and hosting, yes we do that for R99/month. Your domain is registered free in the first month's hosting. On this option, you get given FTP access and must know what you're doing to set it up via FTP.

Hope this answers your questions properly

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think Vieome's thought is in a way related to mine. R99 is small change - so you can lead with price and follow up with benefits and features.

When it comes to R5k+, it's probably better to lead with what they're getting first and then come in with the price. Leading with price in this case means there's a high risk the mind will shut down before they even get to reading the benefits received for the fee.

Thanks
    Ahhh okay, now I get it! So it's like what you said?

Will definitely have to play around with that, then.

Thanks
    Hi Norri - very smart, very professional and impressive. The only criticism (if it even can be called that) is that when I clicked on "Contact" it took me to a screen that looked totally different to the other two ... so much so, that I cancelled and went back and clicked again. Only when it went to the same page did I spend a few seconds checking it out. It is very helpful, but perhaps contact us should have it's own page? Just a thought.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Thanks Mike

I was worried about the contact page. Thanks for confirming my doubts. I will have a separate page for contact.