This is probably the biggest fail if there ever was one. Countless businesses advertise online and have a webpage. Others just use advertising pages and leave a phone number and e-mail address behind.

So what to do?

I myself have tried to contact businesses trough there e-mail but had close to zero success with about 90% of them. Now this can be, because I use a free e-mail account. Or it can be, because they wish not to do business with a free e-mail account.

When I was still with Vodacom I used to use their e-mail account once or twice and I end up being spammed. Thus the customer has a choice, use a legitimate account and get spammed. Use a free account with reasonable protection “this include dumping the account if spammed”.

So in your opinion if someone send you an e-mail with details about the product do you as the business ignore the mail or do you as a business answer the mail?

Yes the other side of the coin is true some will only request some info and never talk to you again. That said what is the point of giving out an e-mail in the first place? Was it to get exposure and build up a client base or just to look professional and dump all e-mails because it was just too much work?

How much is your business losing if e-mails don’t get answered by your staff?

As a business you are spending the money on Data and hosting and you spend the money on staff to give you the edge and make you stand out. So if your staff is failing to give feedback, why spend the money?

Just a thought.