Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mind Power Daily Exercises

Thanks
    He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool-shun him.
    He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple-teach him.
    He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep-wake him.
    He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise-follow him.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Learning is easy, unlearning is not.

Thanks
    The Inner and Outer Worlds
    The outer world is what is literally happening around you all the time. The absolute truths. A pebble falls on your toe - that happened in the outer world. You got angry, that only happed in your inner world. The evidence is in your friends pointing and laughing at you jump around like a monkey Their inner world experience of that outer world situation is completely different to yours.

The inner world is your reaction to what is happening in the outer world. Happiness, confidence, worry, fear... all exist solely and exclusively in your inner world. Evidence of that is in how you can lose your cool in traffic while the guy behind you can be patient & smiling.

You gain power over your experience of your life when you stop constantly reacting to the outer world and start operating from the inner world.

The Six Laws of Your Mind
    1. Thoughts are real forces.
    (Weak, scattered thoughts are weak, scattered forces. Strong, focused thoughts are strong, focused forces.)
    2. The mind is a sending and receiving station of thought.
    (Your thoughts are affecting the people around you and the thoughts of the people around you are affecting you. Pay attention to who you spend your time with.)
    3. The law of attraction. Thoughts that are emotionalised are magnetised and attract similar and like thoughts.
    (If you get angry by stubbing your toe, that thought attracts other thoughts that make you angry, and you spiral.)
    4. The law of control. We are forever experiencing thoughts but we have the power and ability to either entertain or dismiss them.
    5. The law of insertion. We have the power and ability to insert any thought of any type into our mind.
    6. The inner and outer worlds are connected.

Contemplation
    In this context, this refers to deep contemplation and concentration to the exclusion of everything else. If your mind wonders 20 times, bring it back 20 times. We're learning how to concentrate and we're also doing this to uncover new things each time we contemplate these ideas...

Exercises for Week 1
    These are the exercises to practise every day, for this week.
    1. Contemplate the six laws for 5 minutes.
    2. Take one law a day and contemplate just that one law for 5 minutes.
    3. Contemplate: "I am in possession of an amazing instrument of power that is transforming my life now that I'm learning how to use it."
    4. Contemplate: "My personal vibration determines the circumstances and situations that happen to me. My thoughts and my beliefs create my personal vibration."
    5. Go over your notes for 5-10 minutes each day. (I would attach my notes but they're quite personal to me so perhaps just contemplate some of the other things above for an extra few minutes.
    6. Observe: Several times a day, suddenly and instantly, stop what you're doing and just observe your thoughts. Don't judge. Just observe. Observe your frustration, stress, excitement, inspiration. Observe your thoughts.
    - Don't observe yourself observing yourself. Think back to what you were thinking before and observe that.
    - Become familiar with how your mind works.
    7. Weed out negatives: Throughout the day, whenever you find yourself thinking a negative thought, use one of the following techniques to weed it out:
    - Cut it off. Don't argue with it, don't defend yourself, just cut it off and think something totally different.
    - Exaggerate it into ridiculousness. Don't just exaggerate it, make it completely stupid. "John is going to argue with me and then I'm going to retort, and then he's going to dislocate his jaw and swallow me whole and spit out my bones." By making it ridiculous, you take the power away from the negative thought. Your mind says, "Don't be stupid, that can't happen" and boom, it's gone.
    - Observe. Just observe it and say to yourself, "I am experiencing a negative thought." You give it power when you react to it. Don't react to it. Just keep saying over and over, "It's just a negative thought, it's just a negative thought..."
    - Counteract it. Immediately think something that is the direct opposite: "I won't make another sale today." -> "I will make another sale today!"

Your mind CAN only think one thought at a time.

There's a lot more to this program but hopefully these tidbits help somebody out there take control!
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The Way of the minds
    A C Petersen Book

This is a first draft
    1. Preface
    2. The Brain
    3. The mind
    4. Tool Maker
    5. Programs of Men
    6. In the now
    7. Focus( Focus Trinity Focus and self talk)
    8. Will power( I will, I mean I do)
    9. The World Life WEB.
    10. Virus

Preface
    In this book I aim to explain the simple workings of the human machine, I will use alot of computer jargon to explains the parts of the machine, but in no means am I just saying the human machine is like the computer machine, I simply use the computer terminology, because the computer is one of our most advanced machines and many people familiar with its jargon.

Use correctly this book will serve your two minds well and teach you how to use your iMind to control your brain mind.

Chapter 1

The Human Machine
    Our body, minds, hearts and souls, function together to create an organic machine, in this book called the human machine. Given that we have to live within the machine for the period of our lifes , it is important for one to know how to take care of the machine, and in terms of having a brilliant life, how to use the machine. We are all familiar with machines, they are our tools, but while some machines are easier to understand then others, most people never pay attention to their God given machine(The human body).

Chapter 2
    The Brain( MotherBoard)

The Brain is the motherboard of the Human Machine, and to this motherboard all the components of the human machine are connected. The Brain is very delicate and housed within a protective bone covering called the skull.

Chapter 3
    The mind(CPU)

The mind is the central processing unit of the brain and is not a physical component of the brain but virtual construct, a place where the brain can carry out logic, reason, planning, thinking, feeling.

The Mind is the holding area for information the brains receives. When the brain receives input from the senses it sends the input from the senses into Mind. The mind is made up of two parts, the brain mind and the iMind. When the Brain receives input from a peripheral device like the eye, the brain first put the information in the Brain mind and the brain mind then checks with memory what it should do with the information, once the information is processed the brain mind sends a message back to the part of the brain(motherboard) instructing how it should respond to the information.

The iMind is responsible for long term planning, while the brain mind is responsible for things that require a flight or fight response. The problem that most people face is that they are unaware, that the human machine is of two minds. When one is unaware they tend to live with the brain mind in control, and what this does to the human machine is to create the illusion of choice for the iMind.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I'll say this much; when somebody compares the mind to a computer and uses a terms like iMind I instantaneously switch off. It is amazing how people try to sell books by tapping into the fads of the day. There was a time when the very same people described the mind as being like clockwork

I also find it interesting how analogies can lead to more confusion. Calling the brain "The motherboard" and the mind "The CPU" for instance. I would suggest that matters of describing the mind be left to Neuroscientists and Philosophers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Norri View Post
    Kehoe says something similar to that. Just heard it in today's session...

True wisdom comes when you realise how little you know.

(Or something like that. The idea being that you're only wise if you accept that there's so much still to learn.)
    One has to continuously focus on self improvement, as what you have learnt at school, university or on-the-job training 10-20 years ago, may not apply any more. Over time I have observed that ignorant people stay dumb, while educated people keep on studying. Doctors, lawyers, engineers etc do not stop studying when they graduate. They keep on doing various courses and studies to improve their skills. Maybe Cosatu should teach their unskilled masses that knowledge is power...
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I'll say this much; when somebody compares the mind to a computer and uses a terms like iMind I instantaneously switch off. It is amazing how people try to sell books by tapping into the fads of the day. There was a time when the very same people described the mind as being like clockwork

I also find it interesting how analogies can lead to more confusion. Calling the brain "The motherboard" and the mind "The CPU" for instance. I would suggest that matters of describing the mind be left to Neuroscientists and Philosophers.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computa...theory_of_mind http://www.squidoo.com/mindhacks Neuroscientists and Philosophers are already doing this comparing brain and mind to computing. We live in a world governed by information, and to say that certain information is for only certain people to describe removes freedom of thought.

(Buddha):

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
    Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
    Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your books.
    Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
    Do not believe in traditions simply because they have been handed down for many generations.
    But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We live in a world governed by information, and to say that certain information is for only certain people to describe removes freedom of thought.
    hmmm...The problem is of course that freedom of thought does not always equate to the expression of intelligence or wisdom...like a barking dog that expresses its freedom of speech all night long.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Freedom of thought may not lead to expression of intelligence but that is where it starts. When one man through freedom of thought, expressed the idea that the earth went around the sun, many thought that an absurd idea. Just because one does not see intelligence in an idea, does not make the idea stupid. Bill Gates once said that all the memory we will ever need was 512MB, sometimes to get things you right you have to be willing to be wrong. And in a thread on mind power one should challenge their assumptions or their assumptions will challenge them. Why does a mind switch off is a good place to start?
    How happy the man was to be awoken by a barking dog to find thieves in his yard.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Just because one does not see intelligence in an idea, does not make the idea stupid.
    ...nor does it make an idea intelligent.

Why does a mind switch off is a good place to start
    ...a mind that is unable to switch off from the constant bombardment of drivel that is sold as intellent thought is a mind that needs to be awakened.

How happy the man was to be awoken by a barking dog to find thieves in his yard.
    ...or maybe not, he might be clever enough not to leave anything of value outside in the first place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast