Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
Going by the extent of at least half of the damage I suspect there wasn't any running, more like hit-and-tow-truck me thinks. I've heard of several people having had accidents involving street furniture of some sort and I've never heard of anybody being persued by the authorities for damages.

yip i have to agree with andy on this one...hit and run i dont know about that...more like hit wait for 5 hours then tow away because no police nor ambulance arrive...we had accident right in front of my house a coupl;e of days ago the driver was so motherless drunk he couldnt even stand...when i went down to see what had happened...i found what i thought was a pedestrian lying on the road...the driver still hanging half out the vehicle...we contacted the ambulance at 8.15 and the flying squad 5 minutes later when i realised that the person lying on the road was actually the passenger...who must have hit his face on the windscreen and looked like he had a broken arm and maybe even a rib or 2......when they hit the pole.......when i realised how drunk the 2 of them were i considered doing something i couldnt tell you on a public forum for driving in the state they were in...an hour later...still no flying squad...still no ambulance...the tow trucks cleared the scene ...luck for the driver of that vehicle...the stench of booze was so strong that you could smell it 3 metres + from the vehicle.