Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Income tax No

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Income tax No

    I bought a shelf cc in May last year (2011).
    I then changed the registered name (which took a LONG time) & applied to Sars for a tax no. in Feb this year.
    I followed up a couple weeks back only to be told that the cc already had a tax number BUT its still in the old name (not the new one) despite the fact I submitted all the relevant forms.
    How do I get them to change the name?

  2. #2
    Email problem Mike Simmonds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thanked 29 Times in 20 Posts
    You will need to visit the SARS offices and take the old and new CC documents along, together with certified copies of the all the member's identity documents and proof of trading address. It may be a good idea to update the banking details at the same time with SARS. Remember if you have VAT and PAYE registered that you will probably have to make these changes separately, so take extra certified copies of all the documents at the same time.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Tax on Second Income
    By rfnel in forum Tax Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-Nov-11, 09:07 AM
  2. [Question] PAYE / Income Tax
    By SSS100 in forum Tax Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 27-Oct-11, 12:45 PM
  3. [Question] Tax on CC income
    By rfnel in forum Tax Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-Jun-11, 12:42 PM
  4. Tax on income while resident in UK
    By Darko in forum Tax Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-May-09, 07:01 AM
  5. Income Statement
    By AmithS in forum Business Finance Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-Feb-09, 12:18 PM

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts