Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My ANC election campaign pamphlet!

Thanks

My ANC election campaign pamphlet!

I kept the pamphlet the ANC were distributing in the last election.
    I’ll place my cards on the table: I have voted for the ANC in all elections. I have since decided to never vote for the ANC again. Whilst I don’t agree with many of the policies of the DA, I'm now forced to vote for them just as a better alternative. I actually agree of 95% of the ANC’s official policies. My only gripe with them is this: There’s no sense of urgency when dealing with corruption, nepotism, maladministration and poor service delivery.
    The last page of this pamphlet reads as follows:
    “ Build safer and secure communities. We will establish a new modernized, efficient and transformed criminal justice system. We will increase the capacity of police through recruitment, equipping and increasing the capacity of especially the detective services and forensics. We will help form street committees to help community efforts to combat crime.”
    It’s noteworthy that Mdluli, though transferred, is still making the rounds with a taint hanging over him. Bheki Cele has not being criminally charged. That character that was impersonating the singer who tried to escape from court was clearly far more fit and agile that his police pursuer. His pursuer was unfit and was even struggling to jump over the court barricades.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anc election pamphlet.jpg 
Views:	1059 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	2528

“Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    That character that was impersonating the singer who tried to escape from court was clearly far more fit and agile that his police pursuer. His pursuer was unfit and was even struggling to jump over the court barricades.

Surely this isn't the first time you have noticed how fit our police are? I would have thought that the police would be required to undergo (and pass) a fitness test every few months in order to remain in active service ... but maybe I am just naive?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Aah Vanesh you will lose your religion next??

Welcome to the world of the Cynic, I would also vote ANC if I could believe anything they said or promised?

Unfortunately I don't and although at present I support the official opposition (the DA) I am not naive enough to believe they hold the answer to our problems!!

What I do believe is that the stronger the opposition the more honest the party in power!!!
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

4. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (10-May-12)

Thanks
    Goodafternoon Wynn, Yes, it's now a situation where many of us simply want a stronger opposition....
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Whatever party you vote for............please just VOTE !

Do not join the ranks of the "draadsitters" and complain afterwards. As mentioned previously, the stronger the opposition, the more carefully the ruling party will treat the citizens .
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

7. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (10-May-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Vanash, I am sure even the Forum members from other countries will confirm that election promises never materialise. Politicians promise you the moon and the stars only to get votes. Once in power they appoint all their mates and deploy their cadres (sounds familiar?)

NEVER vote any party into power. Vote them out of power. Vote for the opposition. Keep a balance. ALWAYS. Unless they do a really really great job of ruling the country, which is highly unlikely.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sadly voting became a useless exercise… It is a pointless waste of a perfectly good day. I rather sit at home and watch bug-eye cartoons perhaps call an old friend up for a game of darts. Maybe donate some blood and get a free soft-drink and cookies.

The truth sits in your gut… Nothing will change… And second fact is "the more things change the more they stay the same"
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Tec0.............this is exactly the problem........................it is NOT a useless exercise !

Let me explain. Even if your ward does not get voted outright e.g. into the local council, there is still such a thing as proportional representation which means that depending on the number of voters that your party drew in a ward, the party gets allocated a number of representatives/councillors to sit in the local council. These representatives gets chosen by the party, and not directly, but indirectly by the people.

So.............yes, YOU can make a difference !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

11. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (11-May-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Sadly voting became a useless exercise… It is a pointless waste of a perfectly good day. I rather sit at home and watch bug-eye cartoons perhaps call an old friend up for a game of darts. Maybe donate some blood and get a free soft-drink and cookies.

The truth sits in your gut… Nothing will change… And second fact is "the more things change the more they stay the same"
    You may never be passive or apathetic. That is the biggest mistake you can make. As a responsible citizen it is your DUTY to vote and to insist on clean governance. Get to know your local councillor. Remind him of election promises. Insist on things being done properly and not to benefit just a few.

I come from a time and age where a municipality worked for the benefit and the good of the community. It was an honour to serve your community as a councillor and the people were not paid. Even the major only received a small allowance for phone calls and entertainment. The mayoral vehicle was chauffeur driven and used only on official business.

It is now a political free for all where everyone is interested not in serving their community, but rather how much they can steal from them!

Do your duty young man!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    East London is a perfect example of what Blurock has said, after the last election we were changed into a 'Metro' but it seems an honest Provincial MEC is the one who changes the status officialy and he says that the criteria have not been met and the councillors must still be paid the old rate.
    The councillors then instructed the newly appointed city manager to pay R24Million backpay into their accounts which happened this month.
    Now the MEC says they must all pay the money back or face the law for accepting unneccessary expenditure.
    Talk about a MONKEYPALITY!!

As far as every one must vote, a few years ago one of the East London wards wound up in a dead heat and had to be decided by the toss of a coin.
    The moral is that if one more person had voted it would have gone the way of that voters party and you never know when it is your one vote.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast