Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My ANC election campaign pamphlet!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Again I am not that young… Secondly we experience poor service every day. Our water is undrinkable unsafe. Our Hospital has done very bad things and it all just magically went away…

I have spoken to the representatives and I find there information to be wanting their intentions unclear. Secondly in our aria the ratios are staggering!

But fear not I will do my duty and watch cartoons drink a beer stay at home… The ruling majority must demand a change as only they can. The reality is, it is there responsibility now.

My vote will be nothing more than a fart in a bottle… That is the reality of the situation....

When I objected against labour brokers I hit a wall.

I have seen how unions failed thousands of workers…

Documents leaked out to the media from large companies blatantly stating minorities will not be employed… Nothing was even done about this…. It was on TV only once!

Then the "be-gone fairy" made it all go away…
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One thing that SA doesn't seem to be short of at the moment is victims

Thanks
    It's really tragic. I do go to certain informal settlements on a daily basis, in particular, the Thembelihle informal settlement. The world they live in is truly a very horrible place to be. This informal settlement in is both extension 9, 10 and 11B in Lenasia. The one is extension 11B has close to 400 shacks. It’s the smallest of the 3 informal settlements. There’s one water tank where people queue just to get water. The kids play around filthy waste. What I have seen though is the large level of skilled individuals such as electricians, plumbers, tilers, builders, contractors, mechanics etc. What has always strengthened my resolve is this: There are many school kids and university kids that live in Thembelihe. I see them on a daily basis as they must pass my home to go to school or university. They study under such severe conditions. No light at night, only candle light, severe cold in Winter, shortage of stationery and even food but they take this in their stride and they succeed. So at times when I become despondent about studying a certain chapter and even lazy I always think of my Black brothers and sisters who are undergoing the same process but only under great hardship....
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

4. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (11-May-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post
    It's really tragic. I do go to certain informal settlements on a daily basis, in particular, the Thembelihle informal settlement. The world they live in is truly a very horrible place to be. This informal settlement in is both extension 9, 10 and 11B in Lenasia. The one is extension 11B has close to 400 shacks. It’s the smallest of the 3 informal settlements. There’s one water tank where people queue just to get water. The kids play around filthy waste. What I have seen though is the large level of skilled individuals such as electricians, plumbers, tilers, builders, contractors, mechanics etc. What has always strengthened my resolve is this: There are many school kids and university kids that live in Thembelihe. I see them on a daily basis as they must pass my home to go to school or university. They study under such severe conditions. No light at night, only candle light, severe cold in Winter, shortage of stationery and even food but they take this in their stride and they succeed. So at times when I become despondent about studying a certain chapter and even lazy I always think of my Black brothers and sisters who are undergoing the same process but only under great hardship....
    Again many of the minorities suffer the same fate but strangely this is ignored. That said the same people living in those conditions have the power to change them. The fact is the majority will rule and they do.

Every hardship that is mentioned is a failed promise and they need to realise this as they are affected the most. I myself will support any team if that team is for the people and the benefit of humanity.

But please understand it is not my mind that needs changing. The majority must take the responsibility now. It is up to them. I mean no disrespect when I say this…
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Again many of the minorities suffer the same fate but strangely this is ignored.
    Tec0 your observation holds true. Right here in Lenasia, there are thousands of people living below the bread line. Our neighbour Ennerdale and Eldorado Park also have their fair share of poverty. There are many White people living in poverty. This is the reason why humanitarian needs are paramount for me as opposed to racial group needs. When you see a humanitarian crisis you se the human being at the epicentre of such crisis.
    Another observation That I’ve made about my school going Black brothers and sisters is this. The conditions that they live under in the informal settlements is ghastly but yet their school uniforms are always clean and neat. Shoes always shining. Clean white shirts. Now, this is in stark contrast to the way my uniform looked when I was in school. I have humble beginnings and my parents, retired now, were ordinary working class people. We did however have an employee that would do the washing and ironing. Believe or not, though I left home with a clean shirt, grey pants within an hour or two of being at school, my shirt was hanging out, it looked as if it had never been ironed. My shoes were always dirty and I had that ‘you slept in the bush’ look. I never shine my shoes...
    Last edited by Dave A; 11-May-12 at 03:34 PM.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

7. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (11-May-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Vanash to change the direction of this country is in the hands of the majority. You and only you can make a real change.

Even If I vote and that is a big "IF" I know that, that vote will be useless unless. You and your brothers and sisters mothers and fathers must make a decision. It is really your decision I cannot stress this enough. You must decide the future of this country. In the end you will find that none of us wants hardship.

Have a look at the actions of the parties involved and make your choice your own. Don’t let anyone tell you what to do with your vote. It is your vote so use it wisely.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    In the end you will find that none of us wants hardship.
    Have a look at the actions of the parties involved and make your choice your own. Don’t let anyone tell you what to do with your vote. It is your vote so use it wisely.
    Tec0, after this last election, I too decided that I just won't vote. It's true that you stand in a long queue. I have since changed my mind and decided to vote for the DA even though I don't agree with many of their policies. They are however dealing with the controversial and difficult issues. They are against corruption, nepotism and maladministration. They willing to address these issues in Parliament. I think that the one public structure that is making a difference is the Public Protector. More money and resources should be allocated to this office. Adv Thuli Madonsela is doing a fantastic job. It’s noteworthy that her office has so few staff.
    This lady needs at least 10 more attorneys to assist her. Some more administrative staff to process complaints and yet more administrative staff to coordinate such complaints. She also needs a big or rather new building. It does hold true that no human being wants to suffer..

Click here
    sabbaticus

10. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (11-May-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My ear is constantly on the ground Vanash, like you others have also noted what you have noted here today. I might just vote after all…
    peace is a state of mind

12. Thanks given for this post:

Citizen X (11-May-12)

Thanks
    @Vanash, a question. What % of the people are South Africans? South Africa is flooded by the influx of people in desperate situations due to failed states up north, due to bad management and greed. South Africa is seen by most Africans as their last resort. On the other hand, South Africans have nowhere else to go. We are at the southern point, so we have to make this work. My wife runs a small business from home and cater for the really less fortunate. 80% of them are either from Zimbabwe, Malawi or Zambia. Desperate honest people with a lot of sadness in their eyes.

Thanks
    Good evening MGM,
    Firstly, when I see MGM, I immediately think of the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer trademark with the lion. This is my favourite logo out of all the movies! Your post made me think of many things. Let me explain, I’m close to humanitarian issues but for almost an hour today I was searching for some newspaper cutting that I collected in 2008 and 2009. I couldn’t find them and I was heart broken! I know this is selective morality right! The clippings I was frantically in search for were the Daily Sun’s coverage of the xenophobia in 2008 and 2009. I love tabloids. The Daily Sun was able to read the mood of the people rather well and used ‘The alien has landed,’ spinoff in their articles. There was of course a public outcry and even a complaint to the media ombudsman. This still does not negate how South Africans felt about the influx of non nationals in our country. Many of my Black friends at that time pointed out to me that if any South African goes to Harare and attempts to open up a Spaza shop, within a day of you being there you will be visited by the police. Not only will they give you a beating within an inch of your life, but they’ll also detain you, brutalize you more and then deport you. In our Country however things are different many non nationals have converged on our country and trade without paying tax. I do emphasise with the humanitarian crisis of non nationals.
    Name:  main_logo.png
Views: 242
Size:  37.4 KB
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast