Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: spazio light fittings

Suspended
    Thanks

spazio light fittings

i am sure some people like myself have looked at the catalog and thought wow what cool expensive looking good quality light fittings...until you actually order them and get them delivered.

we order over R48 000 worth of fittings...they arrive on site and all the packaging was damaged...what i should have done...is not even sign for them...i should have returned the entire order...but due to long waiting period and contract completion dates...i had to open the fittings and install them...unfortunatetly some of the light fittings where so badly damaged that they had to be returned...and 2 of the identical model number but 2 completly diffrent fittings also had to be returned...spazio blamed the courier company.

so the next batch arrives with the replacements and some fittings outstanding from the order...this time i got smart...and got a witness to watch as i removed the fittings from the packaging...i removed 2 fittings and of the 2 i removed 1 was damaged and the other missing parts....so the next step...contact spazio who sent out a rep...i advised the customer that i could not accept the fitting until him and the spazio rep had cleared the fittings in working order...3 days later...out of 10 fittings the rep managed to replace parts and fit parts missing and managed to get 4 of the 10 fittings...but that wasnt even all the problems...when the rep tried to repair one of the fitting which where already installed he had to break the end cap off to try remove it...then blamed me the contractor for super glueing the end caps onto the fittings...eeeish and thats when i dont play nicely...when you start accusing me for something i didnt do...so i walk out the room and go stand outside while i counted to 100 and took a deep breath before someone got hurt...here the joke as i walk back in the room i notice the rep removing a brand new fitting out of a sealed box...you wont believe what i saw...the end cap was not fitting flush with the end of the fitting...and yes there it was a blob of super glue or what ever they tried to use to fix the problem...the rep then told me that it must have been a mould issue...because the nipple which is suppose to clinp into the hole on the metal frame was not lining up...so to overcome the problem they must have glued all the end caps on...but a percentage of them had come loose between the factory in china (i found out that spazio fitting are like most products manufactued in china) and site...here the joke...spazio will not accept the fitting back because they saying the fittings are not in the original packaging and will therefore not pass a credit...heres the joke the spazio rep removed all the fittings from the packaging and walked off site...leaving all the fittings lying on the tables out the boxes...i should have just rolled them up into a bundle and dumped them on the pavement...and told them to collect...but instead i took the time to repacked all the fitting and cleaned up the reps mess.

the way i see it all the fittings are rejects....and should all be replaced at spaizios cost...even the ones already installed...considering we have since found out that they are rejects...however spazio refuse to accept responsibility and are adamant that they ar enot prepared to credit the already retured fittings.

i think its time to get wendy knowler..speak out or one of those tv programs to find out who is gona pay for this fiasco and who is repsonsible for the reject fittings stil on site

by the way...when you order spazio light fittings they have a 3 week waiting period for some fittings...they say to be manufactured...but i somehow dont beleive this...i get the feeling that is the time it takes to deliver from china to SA...i could be wrong...in fac tif someone has the facts please let me know.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Why don't you video tape what happens when you recieve these packages and open them. Then you can tell the reps to watch the entire affair on YouTube. I'm sure they will just be thrilled!

3. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (05-May-12)

Suspended
    Thanks
    the cameras have just been installed...pity i didnt think of that at the time...i do have all the photos..for the report i have to compile...the part that peees me off is that i now have to waste time doing reports...i spent 2 days trying to sort out this fiasco on site...all money down the tube for me...i refuse to touch another spazio fitting until i see an order number in my bank account.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i contacted my supplier today to find out what is happening about the credit for the fittings returned...apparently they have insisted that the fittings are not in the original packaging...and are not interested in the fact that the fittings were supplied in damaged...

heres the joke...when i removed the first 2 fittings from the packaging...with one of the directors of the company as a witness...and found that both the fittings were not in a fit condition...i then contacted the rep...who then came to site "removed the fittings from the packaging" and attempted to repair the faulty fittings by taking part from one fitting to repair other fittings... he then left site leaving all the fitting on the table without repacking them...i then packed their fittings back into the packaging the fittings where supplied in and returned them to my supplier who then returned them to spazio...but spazio are refusing to credit the same fittings because they are not in the original packaging...

Suspended
    Thanks
    just to give you an idea of the condition of the fittings when they were delivered...this pic was taken as we started unloaded the delivery vehicle.

Suspended
    Thanks
    these fitting were supplied and both had exactly the same model number...can you see the difference...note the screws missing on the cover...i unpacked and repacked and sent back.

Suspended
    Thanks
    this is one of the fittings...removed from the original packaging just to show the rep the defect in their light fittings...i was then told that it was a factory fault and i had to just drill a hole so that the plastic clip would fit into the new hole...yeah right...the other problem was that ou cannot remove the end cap because it some places the glue they stuck the covers on with is working so you have to break the end cap off to remove it...note the blob of glue to hold the end cap which didnt work in this case.

Suspended
    Thanks
    a better view of the issue with the end cap...

Thanks
    Those boxes look pitiful. If someone delivered anything that looked like that at one of my sites the whole order would be returned immediately. If they came with the finger pointing and the 'no returns' policy you describe they'd be dealing directly with our lawyers long before the stage you're at.

Did you buy directly from Spazio? Did Spazio deliver or was it your courier?

Spazio used to be one step up from the bargain basement lighting such as Radiant, Eurolux, Brightstar etc. I've used their products on several occasions and was never a big fan. I always thought they weren't particularly good value for money and you could often buy higher quality fittings at similar prices if you did your homework but they were often specified for clients who didn't know any better (and usually thought they were Italian because of the name) by lazy architects because they generally filled the gap between the bottom end and high end European brands.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have had numerous requests from customers to refer a lighting supplier...unfortunately all the good quality suppliers have closed down or no longer trade in sa... due to people not wanting to spend the money on good quality products or have also moved to getting their products made in china to be able to compete with the rest of the market...zumtobel comes to mind and lascon lighting...

any suggestions andy?

the project i have just complete we used trunking manufactured in germany and legrand plugs...what a pleasure installing a quality product.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast