Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: spazio light fittings

Suspended
    Thanks
    this statement got some attention from my suppliers MD

"I truly apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused. I cannot understand the unhappiness of your client, as you have been dealing with Spazio for many years and never have you experienced a quality problem in the past."

i was also under the impression that i was the only one who had a quality issue with spazio...my supplier MD made it very clear in the meeting that this is not the case and he would be willing to bring numerous other electrical contractors sales personal in to back him up to the fact that they have huge problems with the quality and service from spazio.

as i indicated in the meeting that i have been involved in massive commercial and industrial lighting installations...which include hundreds if not thousands of street lights...parking lot...shopping centres...office blocks...banks...the reserve bank...factories just to mention a few...in the 30 plus years of hands on installations...have i ever had to deal with so many defective lights.

Suspended
    Thanks
    The lesson learnt from this ordeal...dont accept or sign for anything unless the packaging is in perfect condition...in a way i feel sorry for anyone who delivers anything to me in the future...if the box has a scratch on it...it will be returned...the other lesson...remove one item at a time and if at any stage...the product inside is in any way defective...take photos...contact the company rep and make him/her sign acknowledgement of defective goods and make sure they sign for the entire package...and only accept the product from the rep or company once all the items have been cleared by your customer in the case where you are supplying or yourself if it is for you and make sure it is in working order...

from previous experience i will be sending literally everything back...it a way it might not be a bad thing considering the way i have seen the courier companies throwing around boxes which are clearly marked "FRAGILE"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    ..it a way it might not be a bad thing considering the way i have seen the courier companies throwing around boxes which are clearly marked "FRAGILE"
    Didn't you know, the "Fragile" word or logo stands for - Let's see how hard I can throw it before I hear something break
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Didn't you know, the "Fragile" word or logo stands for - Let's see how hard I can throw it before I hear something break
    the reason i mentioned this was because i had to fly to and from a job...i put "BIG FRAGILE" stickers...i even had the box wrapped in the cling wrap...just in case...when i collected my equipment worth over R150 000 (lucky it has all risk insurance) the enclosure was totally smashed...it looked like they had taken it and thrown it from the plane...lucky the airline insurance did payout...even though it took a while.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have just received an email to indicate that spazio lighting will be passing a credit for all returned items...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well done. If we all place pressure, it can only improve the situation.

I think the issue here is that no one gives a damn, and as consumers, it is up to us to put our boxing gloves on and moer the suppliers who do not conform to a set of minimum standards.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    i have just received an email to indicate that spazio lighting will be passing a credit for all returned items...
    Glad to hear it all worked out......eventually.

Suspended
    Thanks
    still waiting for my refund...but i do believe my supplier has received it.

bad news is while collecting light fittings from another supplier i over heard someone else who is having quality control issues with spazio light fittings.

good news i found a really good fitting...more compact...better looking and better quality..."thorn light fittings" you get what you pay for...and even though these fitting are on par with the cost...i have to say much better quality.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123