Thread: Racial groups!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Racial groups!

I didn’t dare enter the political forum until today simply because at the best of times politics is contentious, there are fiercely expounded outlooks and belief systems to inform those outlooks, heated emotions on all sides and the real potential for creating division and strive. I'm for building bridges not burning bridges, I’m, for forging friendships and alliances not creating enemies. When I first joined TFSA, I said to myself," The Polical forum is one that I will never enter," but here I am!!
    We’ve reached a stage in South Africa politics where you no longer can say, “the Whites,” “The Blacks,” The Indians,” and “The Coloureds.” The reason is apparent, we are all individuals regardless of the race or religious we belong to. Each racial group anyway has cultures, sub cultures, a variety of religions etc. We are for all practical intents and purposes a very diverse society and we should be very proud of such diversity. What we can however say is “That individual who just so happens to be a White person said.. and done… on …,“ That individual who just so happens to be a Black person said .. and done… on “That individual who just so happens to be an Indian person said… and done… on…“That individual who just so happens to be a Coloured individual said and done… on..None of us can speak on behalf of the racial groups we just so happen to belong to. Race is only relevant for census purposes as could be seen from the census forms that every single one of us had to complete.This is again impossible to do because we all individuals. We are divided on income lines and our society is on this basis unequal. In my opinion universal adult sufferage is important and need not be objective at all. You can vote for what ever political party you want to based on any criteria you so choose as an individual. I personally will never vote for a political party simply because that political party has a predominate amount of certain racial groups. I’ll use this generic example, if there is a predominantly Indian political party called ABC which is riddled with corruption, maladministration, nepotism, poor service delivery and a general attitude of ‘we don’t really care whether you live or die,’ I’m certainly not going to vote for this party because it is predominantly an Indian party.
    My general question to everyone is simply this: Are you comfortable voting for a party that is riddled with corruption, nepotism, maladministration, poor service delivery regardless of what that party once stood for?

Last edited by Citizen X; 30-Apr-12 at 12:00 PM.
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus