Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: cost of living

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Make no mistake the situation as it is now, is artificial and is caused by corruption. Nothing contribute more to poverty than greed.
    ...and who do we have to blame for this? The ruling party, who has a greedy president that wants to maintain a tribal system with poor and uneducated underlings. People who have no property rights, but are dependent on the chief who will allow them to stay on tribal land. They have to pay homage to a king who gives them nothing, but demands more and more from the state coffers. A so-called political party that does not serve our country, but puts the party first, as confirmed by their president on more than one occasion.

The money that this party has syphoned out of state coffers could have paid for free education for decades to come, providing that not all school leavers may qualify for university(especially those with the 30% pass or those who were put through because you cannot fail twice). Apparently these tribal kings have all been given new cars costing about R1m each! (what! Tribal kings in a democratic Republic?? Are we going back to the middle ages?)

The problem does not lie with management. South Africa has some of the best managers in the world, that is why they are sought out worldwide. The problem lies with productivity. Wealth is created by building or making or creating things. Wealth does not come from taxing the rich or from the state coffers. Wealth is created by hard work which ads value and creates other direct and indirect jobs. Comparative world figures for Manufacturing Value Added (MVA) places Europe at 24.5%, North America 22.4%, East Asia 17.2%, Latin America 5.8% and Africa at 1.5%. (source: INIDO Statistics 2013)

I would concur that South Africa contributes much to the total 1.5% of the whole of Africa, but the truth is that our labour force has a poor work ethic and is mostly uneducated with very little skills or ability. How can we create wealth if we break and burn everything as soon as we do not agree with things? How stupid do you have to be to burn down a school or to disrupt classes or even an exam in progress at a university? The communist labour unions make up only about 1% of the population. Why then do we allow them to become such a disruptive force? Why do we allow factories to be closed and burnt and labour strikes that decimates jobs?

No my friend, wealth is not a management problem. It is a labour problem and a political problem. If we want a better South Africa, we should start putting South Africa first and not the politicians. What is the use of fighting for a cause if only the political leaders benefit from it? What we should do is to work harder, steal less and get rid of politics. What ever happened to Ubuntu?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Yes and unfortunately 99% have no ethics either !

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    How stupid do you have to be to burn down a school or to disrupt classes or even an exam in progress at a university?
    Look carefully who is doing the disruption... Don't keep an entire generation responsible for the acts of a few. Sadly that is exactly what people do.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Look carefully who is doing the disruption... Don't keep an entire generation responsible for the acts of a few. Sadly that is exactly what people do.
    Are you defending what actually boils down to acts of terrorism?

Why do we see these despicable acts all over the country and now even in parliament? That is not just a few, it has become a norm; "We are unhappy. We are angry. The politicians are not delivering on their promises and they are corrupt. "

Then the schools or other buildings get burnt or vandalised, passing motorists get stoned and they turn around and vote for the same corrupt politicians!

Some politicians actually commend the "future leaders" for their courage and "leadership". How can they become leaders if they are sabotaging their own, as well as their classmates' education?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

5. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (02-Dec-15)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Are you defending what actually boils down to acts of terrorism?
    I am defending the students that tried to go and do there examinations, studied hard and want there qualifications. I am defending the young woman and men that work hard to get ahead in life. I am defending those that know RIGHT from wrong.

Why do we see these despicable acts all over the country and now even in parliament?
    The group responsible is to blame not everyone. They are a group and if you look into it you will clearly identify the party behind these attacks. And yes that is terrorism. And like terrorists they hide behind the innocent.

How can they become leaders if they are sabotaging their own, as well as their classmates' education?
    The leaders of today must shape the leaders of tomorrow but look at the leaders of today and ask yourself why they do what they do and say what they say. More importantly look at there actions you will find that NOT EVERYONE agrees with them. They want education they want to be free from group pressure and intimidation. Right now intimidation is the key aspect and not everyone are doing the intimidation... How many youngsters where attacked? This was also on the news and is all over the net. Do you honestly believe they wanted any of what is happening now?

No they do not. Friend of mine's daughter is at University studying hard... She is not burning down buildings or attack other students. She is working hard so are many of her friends. Only a complete idiot will believe that ALL of the students want to burn down buildings and attack people.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The leaders and parents of the activists of today are the teenagers of yesteryear that burnt their schools because they didn't want to learn Afrikaans.

Be that all as it may, money does not poor morals and a lack of basic human values.

Thanks
    @Bluerock

I agree with your posts above. Will it supprise you if I said the situation in SA is ubuntu? If we look at all other examples where the ideal of ubuntu exists we see only destruction. Ubuntu and Uhuru mean something totally diffent in the African paradigm and philosophy. To westeners it seams to be such a wonderfull thing until they are a faced with the cold hard facts of post colonial history and how such communalistic ideals and modern civilisation end in the destruction of the latter.

Funny that some may read this post and think that I am a racist. The fact that the ANC have more than 100 laws that decriminate directly based on race will not even be computed.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Suspended
    Thanks
    but the truth is that our labour force has a poor work ethic

I have said this before ....... And went as far as to say that the majority is between 20 and 30 years of age

Thanks
    I agree that work ethic is poor in SA. Poorer in some groups than others. But all that aside. Laws that discriminate according to race is wrong, period.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Gone View Post
    I sincerely hope that the Gauteng drivers are NOT buying e tags .........

Never
    You miss 100% of the chances you never take

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234