Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog Food

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Dog Food

Hello Everyone,

I have a real off topic subject

I have been trying various different brands of dry\pellets dog food over the last few months as I have 6 dogs from 5 months old to 9 years old.

I would like to read your opinions on which brand of dog food is good quality and good value for money.

Thanks,

Thanks
    i used to buy hills for my dogs and have 3 and it just got out of hand in terms of feeding all the pets per month so i changed to lushan for dog food and are really happy with the results - not sure if you guys get in Gauteng

i don't know the nutrition they are suppose to get - but if i look at their fur, skin and teeth it is still the same as on the hills food and they still have more than enough energy
    Geraldene Kapp
    Professional Tax Help
    www.mytaxhelp.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    the vet also recomended hills...but for that price...the dogs would only be able to eat once a week...i have been using pedigree...add chicken necks or boil chicken bones etc in rice and add it to the pellets.

Thanks
    I have two fox terriers, a short legged one Romeo and a Long legged one Lancelot. They enjoy their Boss Dog food by Promeal. I buy 7 cans of the 820 g per week. I give them half a can a day mixed with a small amount of rice and a few pieces of chicken or meat. Promeal's Boss is very competitvely priced, it's far cheaper than Husky. My dogs enjoy both the steak and beef flavour. I've got fussy characters, they plain refuse to eat the dry pellets/chunks and if you give them that they go on a hunger strike and they like all moody and upset with you!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    I am using Ekanuba for my 2 dogs but at the price it is a total ripoff !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

6. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (01-Oct-12)

Thanks
    Is It help your dogs to grow up more healthy.

Thanks
    If you are looking for a feed that will give excellent results at reasonable prices, try Jock from Afgri Animal Feeds. You will be amazed at the difference in your dog, especially when it comes to skin and overall wellbeing. When comparing to Hills they also have a premium product called Grandeur, which has all the additives that Hills offer, but for half the price. My dog has suffered with skin problems his whole life, and i have tried all vet ranges even skin specific ones. In two months on Jock he is looking better than ever and all the scratching and hair loss is gone. For the first time in his life he has a full coat of hair and his whole demenour has changed!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Supplementing dog food keeps your dog healthy. Essentially I used to give my dog Epol and cooked chicken. Just remove the skin and fatty stuff also the bone "it is not good for bigger dogs". It is cheaper then all those little sauce bags you get. I also used to give him beef “the real deal” with his dog food. Again cheaper than the sauce as you don’t have to buy premium grade beef. The perfect menu for a lazy Bull terrier.

I miss him so much.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Supplementing dog food keeps your dog healthy. Essentially I used to give my dog Epol and cooked chicken. Just remove the skin and fatty stuff also the bone "it is not good for bigger dogs". It is cheaper then all those little sauce bags you get. I also used to give him beef “the real deal” with his dog food. Again cheaper than the sauce as you don’t have to buy premium grade beef. The perfect menu for a lazy Bull terrier.

I miss him so much.
    I tell you tec0, my two boys make my life meaningful! They add to my life and are very much a part of my life!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanash Naick View Post
    I tell you tec0, my two boys make my life meaningful! They add to my life and are very much a part of my life!
    Those who have owned a bull-terrier will tell you without blinking how special they become. They are not just dogs, they become your friend literally. Yes they are not for the “new dog owner” I know how to train dogs so I can handle them. That said when they poisoned him they poisoned a family member a friend. He died in my arms, I wept like a child. I will never get another dog.

if I find the person that poisoned my dog my the gods have mercy on his soul for I shall not....
    Last edited by tec0; 01-Oct-12 at 07:38 PM.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast