View Poll Results: Have you received your W.As.8 Return of Earnings yet?

Voters
340. This poll is closed
  • Yes

5 1.47%
  • No

313 92.06%
  • I'm not registered for Workmans Compensation

22 6.47%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of Earnings (WCC/ COIDA)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Return of Earnings (WCC/ COIDA)

Hi there,
    I would like to know if anybody has received any W.As.8 Return of Earnings yet?
    I phoned WCC on the 9th March and they said that they are still deciding when the due date will be (normally 31 March every year)... I have not heard anything w.r.t. these and no forms has been received either...
    Thanks.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi there

I also haven't received my Return of Earnings as yet.
    What I would like to know if we will be responsible for interest and penalties for late submissions because of this?
    Regards
    Marie

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No return received yet, and according to last year's notice:

If the return is not submitted to this office on or before 31 March 2011, a penalty not exceeding 10% of the final assessment may be imposed in terms of section 83(6)(b).
    I received last year's notice on 29th March 2011, completed and posted it off on 30th March 2011, and when I eventually received my assessment was hit 10% for late submission.

But then that's supposed to be my fault because according to the same notice:

Kindly take note that the return of earnings, W.As.8, is mailed to all registered employers in the beginning of the year. The onus is on the employer to notify my office by the 1st of March if the return of earnings form has not been received. Forms are available on the website.
    Have you notified WCC that you have not received your form yet?
    And I've checked - the last W.As.8 form on the Dol website at the moment is for the 2010 year - last modified 2011-11-06.

Unfortunately the Workmans Compensation Commissioner believes in time travel. As proof I tender my last assessment received.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wca-late-assessment.jpg 
Views:	967 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	2434

Date of Notice: 05.12.2011
    Due date: 04.01.2012
    Posted by registered mail on: 19.01.2012
    Received by me on: 24.01.2012

How the heck was I supposed to pay this by 4th January 2012?

They really need a serious wake-up call.

Thanks
    Ditto all the above. Have exhaustively trolled through their website for the latest form, but it's hopeless. Nothing there but last years. Also, submitted last years around 8 or 9 March (actually got the form on time, surprise surprise) but have been slapped with late submission anyway. Sucks.

Thanks
    We have numerous problems with WCC and it's no use to object against anything as they don't correct anything or waiver penalties & interest like SARS. I have the 2011 final 2012 provisional W.As.8 in Excel format if anybody is interested...(and can tell me how to upload the doc).. but it would be no use to complete and post to them, as they have changed to a new system and if you don't have your new ref number... they might just end up losing your form ...

Thanks

Thumbs down Late submossions.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyb View Post
    Ditto all the above. Have exhaustively trolled through their website for the latest form, but it's hopeless. Nothing there but last years. Also, submitted last years around 8 or 9 March (actually got the form on time, surprise surprise) but have been slapped with late submission anyway. Sucks.
    This is Fraud and Corruption by the "Workmans Commissioner and you are entitled to lay acharge of theft and fraud against the Commissioner.Every single person is benig penalised with this 10% which results in At Least 1 Billion Rand if not more. WHERE IS THAT MONEY GOING TO ????????????????????????

Thanks
    The last letter of good standing we received from the Commissioner was issued to us on 10 January 2012, stating that it is good until 31 March 2012. Until then we still did not pay our COID fees for last year as we did not receive our final assessment from them. When we requested a new Letter of good standing on Tuesday this week, we received a response from them that they can not issue us a letter as an amount was outstanding (they gave the exact amount in the response). I suspect this must be our 2012 assessment that we were waiting for. However, until today we did not receive the assessment form from them.

I phoned them regarding this and the lady told me that this money was for last year's assessment which we need to pay. When I asked about the new return of earnings form (that needs to be completed by the end of this month) she said it was not send out yet. When I asked about penalties for late submissions, she assured me that they requested an extension date for submissions this year as they are changing to a new system. She also stated that no penalties will be charged as they are responsible for the delay and not us. I view this in a positive way but as we all know we don't have written proof that they will not charge us penalties etc. For now we will pay the fees for last years assessment and wait in anticipation for the issuing of the new return of earnings form. The lady also gave us our new reference number as issued by the "new" system.

Once we paid our outstanding assessment fees, we will submit a new request for a letter of good standing using our new reference number. Will see what happens then.

Thanks

How can this matter be resolved. Surely they can't get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    No return received yet, and according to last year's notice:

I received last year's notice on 29th March 2011, completed and posted it off on 30th March 2011, and when I eventually received my assessment was hit 10% for late submission.

But then that's supposed to be my fault because according to the same notice:

Have you notified WCC that you have not received your form yet?
    And I've checked - the last W.As.8 form on the Dol website at the moment is for the 2010 year - last modified 2011-11-06.

Unfortunately the Workmans Compensation Commissioner believes in time travel. As proof I tender my last assessment received.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wca-late-assessment.jpg 
Views:	967 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	2434

Date of Notice: 05.12.2011
    Due date: 04.01.2012
    Posted by registered mail on: 19.01.2012
    Received by me on: 24.01.2012

How the heck was I supposed to pay this by 4th January 2012?

They really need a serious wake-up call.

Does the WCC have an ombudsman?? Surely it cannot be right how are they allowed to get away with it. All bussiness has a problem with them. Why are we paying penalties and interest for something that is not our fault. They have been penalised me once again for an assessment sent in Sept 2011. I asked the girl for proof that it has been sent. Her answer 'put it in writing'. My penalties and interest has now run up for the last 4years. All I am asking is a response to my 20 letters I have sent.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Workmans Compensation return of earnings thread had sprung to life on this too, and the news is deeply disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Hi All

Yes its that time of the year again, yes no new return of earnings forms has been sent out as yet, as according to some officials at the Fund they looking at rolling out the new system on the 17th of April similar to e-filing, I doubt it will happen, but lets wait and see.
    Yes penalties will be charged at 10%, irrespective as the system calculates the penalty , totally unfair I know, but thats the Fund for you.
    Im almost certain the 2011 return will differ from the 2010, so rather not send that form in.

I will try and obtain more info from the Fund later today and will post accordingly.
    First, thanks to Ivan for his efforts

But this situation is totally unacceptable. It's not just penalties on the line with this maladministration, it's no claim bonuses too.

If anyone has the reach to escalate this to the attention of someone who can do something about it, please do.

Thanks
    This is another one of the reasons businesses are loathe to employ people instead of outsourcing.

Make a list of all the crap and hoops you jump through when you are an employer and if the returns are not really handsome why would you bother?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast