Thread: BCC - Here we come or it is here we go again?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

BCC - Here we come or it is here we go again?

There was this discussion on LinkedIn..went something like this:

Black Business Council formed...

then the next one :

White Business Council formed...

So with interest I took a look see...

Sometimes I wish I hadn't...now Im riled...truly riled. My mother told me that I mustnt go to Varsity and I wouldnt study I would be standing in Jan Smuts Avenue with a Picket in my hands! Well I was quite fiery then.. I suppose Im just a little calmer now.

Then I saw this Business Day article:

Power units an insult
    Frankly, the newly formed Black Business Council, like all black-oriented councils across industries that purport to represent black interests, only reflects the sense of stubborn black victimhood right at the very top of the supposedly black top tier.

Published: 2012/03/06 08:27:26 AM

Frankly, the newly formed Black Business Council, like all black-oriented councils across industries that purport to represent black interests, only reflects the sense of stubborn black victimhood right at the very top of the supposedly black top tier.

What is it that is misunderstood in this country?

SA is a black majority country, and in no other country does the majority form councils and units to preserve their interests in a pool of minorities.
    There can be no black majority country if blacks cannot answer decisively the question of whether black power did or did not arrive.

Let’s be clear: black power did arrive and the only way for that to be realised is if that power is fully exercised.

It disempowers black people, in the country they own in overwhelming numbers, to be forming councils and power units to stand up as a force against minority interests that do not serve them.

The very fact that such units have the backing of the government just reflects how helpless this black government is.

Yonela Diko
    Cape Town

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    To me this is blatant racism, if I had to place an advert saying that I have a list of only white owned bushiness, I would be labeled a racist and keeping up the old orderof thinking.

By creating this Black owners/forums or what ever, basically tells me that racism is alive and strong in favour of the (minority of the majority) as opposed to the minority of the citizens of the country. If after 17 years they do not have more business owners is a reflection of the population who do not want to have the burden of responsibility of owning a business. Lets face it, being a business owner is not glamorous, it is hard work with hard times associated with it, and a few times there may be some benefits.

In no way, continuing in this manner, will it even empower the population, any more today than it did 20 years ago. Empowering the population is when each person has a job and is contributing to the economy, to me that is empowering, as together we can make the economy grow. Each one of us is needed for the skills we poses in this big wheel called an economy, some can make more money than others, because the skills they posses produce more income.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well the burning question is: If minorities have no business rights, may not own property or farms may not invest and may not work why are we still minorities to pay tax?
    Last edited by tec0; 08-Mar-12 at 07:36 AM.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.