Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting and funny newspaper articles

Thanks

Interesting and funny newspaper articles

I have a rather eccentric alternatively flamboyant hobby! I collect newspaper articles and cartoons that are particularly funny. I’d like to share some with you guys and, I guess , see you perceive the clip. Since I cut out the cartoon or article it won’t always be possible to acknowledge the source. This one is entitled , “Prison Break 5, starring Ananias Mathe, coming soon1 From Prison to your living room!(see attached, it’s a million laughs, I promise you!)
    1. Remember the series “Prison break,” the protagonist had tattoos all over his body, but in actual fact it was a map;
    2. In this cartoon, that character from Zimbabwe Ananias Mathew net on a crime spree right here in SA, so the editors or reporters capitalized on the coincidence of this character escaping a few times from prison just when the series “prison break, “ was on tv;
    3. In this cartoon, Ananias too has tattoos on his body! But, his tattoos tell a different story, they include bribery money, Vaseline(remember, he said, he squeezed himself out of the window by smearing Vaseline all over his body, and the guards were asleep, this too is included in his tattoos!
    4. In another newspaper that was running at the time, don’t remember which one, but it was entitled, “ I’m no Houdini,” and aptly so as Ananias himself testified to the fact that he isn’t really a Houdini, on the night of his escape some of the guards were sleeping and to compound matters he actually recalled, that it was one of the guards birthday because while he was escaping he heard them singing happy birthday to their fellow guard!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I'm no houdini.jpg 
Views:	4676 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	2399
    Attached Files Attached Files
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    See attached pdf for a clearer picture!

Name:	south African's way of welcoming foreigners.jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	2484

How South African welcome foreigners:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    One of my favourite photos in these past few years!

Name:	Sober as a judge.jpg 
Views:	1576 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	2487
    Click here
    sabbaticus

4. Thanks given for this post:

IanF (23-Apr-12)

Thanks
    The headlines said it all! "Drink judge fights back."

Name:	Drink judge fights back.jpg 
Views:	593 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	2489
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    There is an unspoken rule in criminal law: Always keep your jacket with you so that if you arrested you can cover your head and face. Rationale: Don’t get media to make a circus out of you.However, there are exceptions: In these 3 convicted criminals cases, the psychologist/psychiatrist provided that they want attention especially photos..

Name:	SUSPECT 3.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	2491Click image for larger version. 

Name:	suspect 1.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	2492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	suspect 2.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	2493
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    The modus operandi of getting a TB social grant has slightly changed! In the past, a TB patient sold you his spit from R100, you then present this sputem to the nurse who tests it to establish if you got TB. On a positive result, you set: TB grant:
    Now, the system has improved , they want to see you spitting the spit in a container to avoid this practice. The way it has essentially changed, from what a few people have explained to me, is a TB patient sell you about a cup full of spit, you then drink that spit and wait for 48 hours. You've now got TB, you set again, TB social grant!!!!

Name:	Tb social grant.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	2494
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Okay, don’t shoot the messenger! I’m merely reporting on a story that was already reported in the public domain. I am also using the exact words of the reporter!
    In short there is this 72 year old man known as “Brian the river snake,” who has lived under a bridge near the Sand river in the Free State. His real name is Koadile. According to him “his problem started in 1988 while he was working at a factory in Welkom. He was always thirsty and tried to drink as much water as he could – but nothing calmed his water craving. So he went to a place where water would be no problem-next to a river under a bridge.”
    The people of that community were under the impression that he was a large river snake so in true capatilist style a sangoma capitalized on this community perception.” The sangoma paid Brian with cigarettes, mealie meal and other food.” “To help in the deception the old man even had a ‘snake uniform” consisting of plastic bags and a snake tail made of rolled blanket”
    “BUT, now old Koadile has spilled tehe beans to the People;’s paper, he is not the giant river snake, he’s just a hobo!”

Name:	Brian the river snake!.jpg 
Views:	885 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	2495
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Strike forecast!!
    You've heard of weather forecast but are you familiar with strike forecast??

Name:	strike forecast.jpg 
Views:	714 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	2496
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That Prison break is worth printing
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    You know Tec0, the irony of it all was that this character actually told the court, " I'm no houdini" and further explained how some guards were asleep during his escape and others were singing happy birthday to one of their fellow warders. Now I'm pretty sure that if correctional services were to investigate that claim, they would simply have to check which warders birthday it was on that day! This is not the first time I'm hearing of governmental staff singing happy birthday to a fellow public servant to the detriment of customer service. A lady I know that lives in Germiston is having huge problems with that city council and in her complaint she mentions that while the ignored her and told her that she must just pay, they interupted the service delivery to sing happy birthday to a fellow public servant. She even remembers the name of that public servant from the happy birthday singing!
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast