Thread: Gotta Laugh

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Gotta Laugh

Now that the year end is over, I can actaully breath again and check my ID book to see that my name is actually not Martha...

But this email I got from a client really made me smile (I asked her to confirm her address as she had married in 2011 - maybe is was a stressful event)

I do not know my physical address.... I'll tell you tomorrow. (old address removed for privacy reasons), still works though
    Who said Tax and Finance was boring

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    oh and I got told off by SARS for not putting R300 claim for parking into the travel section!

Thanks
    ahahahaha....nice one!
    Audio Visual, DSTV, PA Systems, Surround Sound

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You just have to work with people to get a good reason to chuckle every now and then. I think we all have our little moments.

Last week I ask this guy for his cellphone number - he turns to his girlfriend "what's my cellphone number, honey?"

I actually know the feeling. If you haven't given out your number for a while, it's not like you phone yourself every now and then to keep the number in mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The word "honey" reminds me of a distant memory that is burned into my brain as if it were yesterday!

Just before I went on my own in my early twenties, I was a Broker Secretary. The Broker had tons of retired clients and I was used to them calling me "dear" and "honey" etc. So oneday this dude calls and says Hi Honey and I say Hi back and he starts talking to me like a long lost buddy and Im thinking he's mighty friendly!. Anyway Im getting deeper and deeper in over my head and when he starts talking about duzing down the vaal (I dont even know how to spell "duzing" and I think it was the Vaal). I decided it was time to stop the bus. So I said what are you talking about? He says am I talking to Honey? I say No! Youre talking to Debi! He says but I asked for Honey and you said you were! So I said And I thought you were being nice!

So now if someone calls me honey I ask if they are being nice or looking for someone called "Honey".

But Really yesterday was one of those weird and wacky days...

I found out quite by accident that we have been paying for someone else's website called poepol.co.uk for 16 months and since the email goes to him we did not get the invoice!.

I was laughing so much splitting my sides so not nearly describe my reaction, it was closer to breaking something! You have to understand the context. My Husband is a very quiet and serious guy! Most of the time when I find something crazy funny he just looks at me so I have to say I guess you had to be there! Even his friends on FB are my friends so they can find out the not so serious side of him! So for him to phone the ISP and say "poepol" was hysterical!

Thanks
    Not to detract from the thread, but since we talking about funny. I was at our mall the trade route mall the other day. All of a sudden this "aunty," starts calling me, "vanash, vanash," I'm wondering to myself who is this aunty and where do I know her from. She then says, Vanash it's Shareen from high school! She didn't age well at all!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    LOLOLOLOLOL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BusNavig8 View Post
    The word "honey" reminds me of a distant memory that is burned into my brain as if it were yesterday!

Just before I went on my own in my early twenties, I was a Broker Secretary. The Broker had tons of retired clients and I was used to them calling me "dear" and "honey" etc. So oneday this dude calls and says Hi Honey and I say Hi back and he starts talking to me like a long lost buddy free japanese lessons and Im thinking he's mighty friendly!. Anyway Im getting deeper and deeper in over my head and when he starts talking about duzing down the vaal (I dont even know how to spell "duzing" and I think it was the Vaal). I decided it was time to stop the bus. So I said what are you talking about? He says am I talking to Honey? I say No! Youre talking to Debi! He says but I asked for Honey and you said you were! So I said And I thought you were being nice!

So now if someone calls me honey I ask if they are being nice or looking for someone called "Honey".

But Really yesterday was one of those weird and wacky days...

I found out quite by accident that we have been paying for someone else's website called poepol.co.uk for 16 months and since the email goes to him we did not get the invoice!.

I was laughing so much splitting my sides so not nearly describe my reaction, it was closer to breaking something! You have to understand the context. My Husband is a very quiet and serious guy! Most of the time when I find something crazy funny he just looks at me so I have to say I guess you had to be there! Even his friends on FB are my friends so they can find out the not so serious side of him! So for him to phone the ISP and say "poepol" was hysterical!
    That is pretty funny. Good to maintain a sense of humor. I'd be quite miffed about the paying for someone else's website. It would take me a while to laugh about it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fredetish View Post
    That is pretty funny. Good to maintain a sense of humor. I'd be quite miffed about the paying for someone else's website. It would take me a while to laugh about it.
    Well we aint got our money back yet ! no matter how much yelling we have done. Now Im not smiling anymore...