Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for business consultant

Email problem
    Thanks

looking for business consultant

I just read an interesting post here: http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/s...Business-Coach and would like to know if someone can recommend a very affordable business coach for me please?

He or she should be familiar with internet relates business and in the Johannesburg area.

My business is not doing so well and I have a feeling this would be a good way to get it up and running again.

Here's another post which explains it a bit better: http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/s...tant-messed-up

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Coach or consultant?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Coach or consultant?
    Coach

What would a consultant do for me?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I am sending you a pm!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I would say you would need to do quite a few things, but the Business Model would be the very first place to start. In most cases you would need to disect your business and put it back together again. Are you ready and open to a completely new way of doing things? If not then you will be wasting money on a consultant due to change back.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BusNavig8 View Post
    I would say you would need to do quite a few things, but the Business Model would be the very first place to start. In most cases you would need to disect your business and put it back together again. Are you ready and open to a completely new way of doing things? If not then you will be wasting money on a consultant due to change back.
    Hi.

I don't know if I want to go into another direction since I enjoy what I do right now. The biggest problem I have at this stage is my booking keeping or accounting. But I am busy looking for ways to sort it out and not fall into the same trench again in the future.

I guess what I am looking for thought are some guidelines or "coaching" in terms or running a business properly. I don't have much knowledge about marketing and sales, and have been getting business in purely from referrals of existing clients. I recently identified a few new ventures which my business can offer it's service to but I need to redo the foundation first.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSilver View Post
    I just read an interesting post here: http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/s...Business-Coach and would like to know if someone can recommend a very affordable business coach for me please?

He or she should be familiar with internet relates business and in the Johannesburg area.

[/url]
    Maybe you should read the thread again. There is a difference between a business coach and a business consultant.

The business model that BusNavig8 refers to is the way that you do business. If you want advice, you must be prepared to shelve preconceived ideas and be prepared to accept change. That is why you must first ask for the consultant's credentials and references to make sure that you are getting expert advice.

If your problem is of a more general nature and you want to improve your business practices over time, join an Action Coach or Enablis chapter who will coach you on more general issues including marketing, accounting, HR etc.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I still feel that if the basic core of the business is wrong then everything that follows will be like a house of cards. We do workshops for Enablis. What I also said in my post was that you had to do a couple of things. The other was about change and change back. All you have to do is take one look at an episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmare's. These are so far away from cooking. How many businesses have survived past the 6 weeks. very few - why? change back. Its real.

I think why "Bad things happen to Good Businesses" a have to for anyone experienced or not

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSilver View Post
    Hi.

I don't know if I want to go into another direction since I enjoy what I do right now. The biggest problem I have at this stage is my booking keeping or accounting. But I am busy looking for ways to sort it out and not fall into the same trench again in the future.
    What trench are you talking about ? Both are extremely labour intensive and Accounting is the end step to Bookkeeping. We developed a Business System where we focus on Business Development instead of Pure Bookkeeping and the innovation gives us the edge and its really enjoyable. Our Model is multi platform and multi dimentional within our word of mouth referral system

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BusNavig8 View Post
    What trench are you talking about ?
    It came up when John first started posting - essentially a lack of focus, which led to lost momentum.

I suspect the core business concept is sound - just needs to be driven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast