Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to find evidence to fire an unfaithful employee?

Suspended
    Thanks

How to find evidence to fire an unfaithful employee?

So here's the thing. My husband and I have opened a restaurant almost two year now, to boost our profit we have to maintain our social networking sites and email accounts to respond to our valued customers. We recently hired two virtual assistant and ask them to work on the same time frame as us. However, I found something was wrong. I happened to find that my husband was flirting with one of them last night, and he gave her a raise in salary last week without my opinion. I felt angry and I believed that the woman didn't do her work according to our contract because our profit didn't increase for more than 3 months. What can I do? I coouldn't fire the woman without a valid reason. My cousin suggested me to install a monitoring software like keystroke logger to keep a watchful eye on the virtual assistant.
    Any suggestions? Help please.

Suspended
    Thanks
    You're from Ottwa ????? ............ You sound South African.

Just a question, but what is it going to help to monitor the "virtual" assistant or to fire her ??? Whoever you have your husband is going to flirt with !

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Out of idle interest, where are the virtual assistants located?

Thanks
    The virtual assistant issue is surely a symptom of the reletionship with your husband. With any issue it's best not to waste time treating it symptomatically, if you can treat the root cause the symptoms will disappear on their own.

Just as a footnote, keyloggers are not legal in some countries and it's the sort of software that can have malware and viruses bundled with it so be careful.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In any event if someone is capable to flirt with another person while in a relationship then that is cause for concern on its own. Depending on your laws it might be possible to fire someone on performance and or misbehaviour? Perhaps it is worth your time to ask the other question…

Why is this person flirting in the first place?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    The virtual assistant issue is surely a symptom of the reletionship with your husband. With any issue it's best not to waste time treating it symptomatically, if you can treat the root cause the symptoms will disappear on their own.

Just as a footnote, keyloggers are not legal in some countries and it's the sort of software that can have malware and viruses bundled with it so be careful.
    Thanks for your advice. Indeed, I need to get evidence not only to fire the woman, but also to prove the flirting. I talked with my husband about this, but he denied it since I have no evidence. And this phenomenon seems common for man. So I guess I may get the evidence if I use the keystroke logger.
    Last edited by Dave A; 22-Feb-12 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Oops - I nearly let you sneak those naughty links in there, victorian
    Last edited by Dave A; 22-Feb-12 at 07:43 AM.

Thanks
    It's not the unfaithful employee that I would be worrying about - it's the other party to the flirting that my problem would lie with.

Why did you direct the heading and content of the OP to only 1 side of the problem ?
    Watching the ships passing by.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by victorian View Post
    And this phenomenon seems common for man. So I guess I may get the evidence if I use the keystroke logger.
    Unfortunately I'm not emailing you a key logger because all men on the planet are philandering toe-rags and we all sign a pact at birth stating we'll never assist any female that tries to thwart us when we're doing what only comes as natural to us. It was also an ill conceived idea to ask for this kind of assistance on a forum based in a country where it's normal for men to have multiple wives.

Seriously, drop the keylogger idea, you're going to need to hack his pc to install it with administrative rights, bypass/disable the antivirus which is going to strongly object not to mention infringe on his right to privacy and probably a dozen local laws and statutes for good measure plus I wasn't joking about the spyware and malware that will come with it. Add that to the fact that any evidence collected like that isn't going to be worth anything so it's a bad idea. If you really want to do the Nancy Drew thing then install a discreet camera to get your evidence.

If you're so hot headed you're still going with the keylogger (And this phenomenon seems common for woman) I'll send you an invite code for the 4chan site aka scriptkiddiecentral and you can do your worst there to get one but I'm predicting it ends in tears.

*Edit* I missed the naughty links you posted, I'll trade you a keylogger if you put them back up again when Dave's not looking so I can check them out.
    *JOKING*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    *Edit* I missed the naughty links you posted, I'll trade you a keylogger if you put them back up again when Dave's not looking so I can check them out.
    *JOKING*
    I know you've got your pc wearing protection, but I regret not everyone does.

I've pm'd you the removed part. Don't catch any viruses...

11. Thank given for this post:

AndyD (23-Feb-12), Blurock (29-Feb-12)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast