Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 30 Day Challenge To Get Your Business Online

Thanks
    The crowd funding. It is an interesting concept but like everything is not as simple as it first appears to be.

Thanks
    Crowd funding does work. But you have to be focused, you need to be slick and a step ahead. And it is the few rather than the many when it comes to success stories.The question we are asking is how we can reverse that, create opportunities and open doors?

In the interim we have set up a site www.onthecoals.co.za which is getting enquiries for firewood. But that is about it. It is merely a service that we offer. Firewood sellers do not advertise or should I rather say, they do not pay to advertise. So how can one turn this into an opportunity, how can one build a small business out of what we started? Is the concept of an online workshop and incubator practical? It is simple enough. But is it simple enough to work?

It is easy to set up a web site, to get it online. But it is a little more difficult to get a web site to pay. The devil is in the detail.

Thanks
    Quite an interesting topic this very important for small business

Thanks
    Google is the most cost effective advertising tool available to business, be they big or small. That is if you can cut through all the noise and get to grips with the basics. We are running a workshop where we are building small home run businesses from scratch and off the smell of an oil rag.

It is a lot more difficult than it should be.

Thanks
    I am working on a project to build a small home run business marketing spit braais. If anyone is rash enough to take up this challenge we could end up building something of value from nothing more than a song and a prayer. Anyone interested?

Thanks
    There are two fundamental mistakes most people make when they start thinking internet. The first is that it is complicated and expensive. Not so. It is no more complicated than doodling on one great big doodle pad. Secondly they start getting silly. They start worrying about proprietary rights and anyone who might try to nick their idea. What they don't understand is that nothing is ever original. That there are already more people than they will ever know, who are already working on that self same idea. And that they have ever reason to search them out to try to work with them.

I forget who originally came up with the idea that became Google. But it was a couple of students working out of their backyard. Look at what it is today. The key to the internet is others. Others who find whatever it is you are doing. Others with whom you work and who help you to grow your ideas into reality.

I have a workshop site that is already generating a micro-income and I would like to talk to others that might be interested in growing this into a community resource that works for all of us.

Thanks
    Here we have an index of possibilities. Opportunities available to anyone curious enough to open and step through the door. A game that's all about trial, error and experimenting with ideas. A bit like fishing for those who get up early enough.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fishing.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	6166

Thanks
    Hi there, I would like to know if there is a company that can provide dinner for 2 adults every night in Knysna. Due to home circumstances, it becomes quite a strain to have varied, healthy meals. Please respond ASAP. Thank you
    - Catering Contacts

There you have it. Something as simple as this. I know of half a dozen people who have started up businesses offering pre-prepared meals. But none of them last. Some even set up expensive web sites. But they still make every excuse they can think of, to duck the question.

I don't understand why. It is so simple!

Google works. It is inexpensive, doesn't take up time you don't have and it is not complicated. What more does a small home run business need? That is besides a measure of common sense. A sense of community perhaps?
    Last edited by workshop; 02-Feb-16 at 03:45 AM.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I have numerous products which i designed manufacture and sell. They are all on hold as i suck and marketing and distribution.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks

My braai cabinet. You spoke of a spit braai, so i thought i would add this pic.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast