1. Find attached a joint will format that you can use;
2. One must never lose sight of the fact that a will is a highly individualized/customized document, it must meet your specific requirements;
3. This joint will format does not take into consideration minors(children under the age of 18) in which case you will have to appoint a trustee and a few clauses related to the powers of such trustees;
4. A joint will can be used for people married in community of property, out of community of property or not married at all. The legal principal of massing takes effect here where you effectively mass your individual estates into one
5. In short the legal requirements for a valid South African Will are: 1. The will must be in writing, this means that it may be hand written or typed, 2: the testator/testatrix must sign at the end of the will, should the will consist of more than one page the testator/testatrix must sign at the end of each page;3: The testator/testatrix must sign the will in the presence of at least two competent witnesses who are present at the same time; 4: The witnesses must sign the last page of the will in the presence of the testator/testatrix and in the presence of each other.