Thread: New Business

Thanks

New Business

I have no idea the type of business that will be lucrative with a little amount of money. And at the same time I still want to enroll for a part time studies. I will able to come up with R50 000. I am flexible. There are few things in my mind, maybe a spaza shop; though i have never been into such a business before but am ready to work anything out; very much ready to give it my best shot. Please guys your advice will help me so much.
    Last edited by cejay; 08-Feb-12 at 01:24 PM. Reason: In addition; maybe you have a better idea, please link immediately to enable me follow it up.

Thanks
    Guys! please say something...even if the money is too little or big enough to start something tangible.waiting.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Funnily enough there have been two recent threads where some merit was seen in spaza shops as a viable business

http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/s...esting-in-2012
    http://www.theforumsa.co.za/forums/s...est-in-in-2012

so perhaps a spaza shop is not a bad idea at all!

Ultimately the question always reminds me of the advice I got from my vocational guidance teacher way back at school - you can do whatever you set your mind to.

There are many, many many ways to make money. Which one is suitable for you is very much up to you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    I have no idea the type of business that will be lucrative with a little amount of money.
    You have not completed your profile, so it is not clear what your background is.

What are you good at? What do you like doing most? What are you prepared to contribute in terms of time and effort? The biggest mistake you can make is to invest into something you know nothing about or would hate to do on a daily basis.

Once you have decided what you would want to do, study all you can about this industry or business and then go out and have fun!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blurock! thanks, I did furnish more informations on my profile; thank you once more.

6. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (09-Feb-12)

Thanks
    Thank you guys, at least this this gives me insight of to rethink very well on making any step towards a conclusive decision. DAVE! I appreciate. Blurock! thanks, I did furnish more informations on my profile; thank you once more.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post

What are you good at? What do you like doing most? What are you prepared to contribute in terms of time and effort? The biggest mistake you can make is to invest into something you know nothing about or would hate to do on a daily basis.
    I'm with Blourock - do what you know best - dont try to start a business that you know nothing about - its not gonna work, unless you want to invest that money in a current business and you dont have too much to do with it apart from getting returns. I'm sure there are plenty of businesses out there that could do with R50k.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    Blurock! thanks, I did furnish more informations on my profile; thank you once more.
    Aah! So you're in Sales. If you are good at it and you like it, look for a buy and sell opportunity. Your original idea of a spaza shop may work if in the right area.

Is there an opportunity in your area that other people have not considered yet?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...