Hi,

I am looking to start a business - problem is that I don't have any idea what the business will actually sell/do. I currently have my fingers in a few pies - partner in 2 small businesses after recently leaving the 'employee' world. Thing is I strongly feel - at least for me - that it would make sense to have someone with whom I can throw around ideas, someone looking for the same thing.

What I would like to see in this potential partner is the following:

- age between 28-45.
-degree (pref honours). Would be nice if CA (SA) but not essential.
- has reached senior mngmt or c-level in a corporate or has experience in starting/running own business.

These 3 criteria apply to me, and some will disagree that they are nb, but they are nb to me (rightly or wrongly).

All I want right now is to find someone to brainstorm with, throw around ideas - someone with a real hunger to start their own business. Once I have this, and we both feel we can work well together, that we complement each other, I would plan to choose an industry and dissect its value chain, looking for opportunities to either replace something or improve upon it.

No rush - I am busy with my current company, so I will wait to find the right person.

If the above applies to you, please contact me and maybe we can arrange to meet over a coffee for an informal chat.

Mike