Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: efiling and windows problem

Thanks
    it seems that emp201 forms are fine because they open with acrobat reader but the vat forms are using flash player for some reason and according to sars they are "migrating" over to using flash player........ IE wont open the form so I tried a another computer that had google chrome on and it opens fine.guess I will just have to download it on mine and/or firefox just incase they don't sort the problem. It's just awful frustrating when you have to take an hour to do something that woulda have taken 5 minutes. Its just like sars easyfile.....not so easy and if it wasn't for this forum , I would never have got anywhere in the past! actually I checked that software too and its all of a sudden giving error 3138 but I found a fix here for it and now its working too.(well at the moment , that is ....)I don't feel they do much testing there and the call centre is just a waste of time.very sad....

Thanks
    ha ! you see what I mean Mike! no one browser seems to work for sars.... you have to have a couple of different ones . it doesn't quite make sense to me. Trial and error,trial and error......too much wasted time when we are all so busy! grrrrr

Thanks
    I only use Chrome these days (so far the best browser for me), if anyone has a problem opening Assessments and statement of accounts in chrome, do the following:
    1. type in the searchbar in the browser: about:plugins
    2. It will give you list of plugins installed on the browser, now search for Chrome PDF Viewer click on the "Enable" to disable Chrome PDF viewer (It will be then greyed out)
    3. Look for the Adobe Reader plugin, make sure it is enabled, that's it, from there on you'll be able to do everything with Chrome on SARS e-filing.

Hope this helped

4. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (28-Jan-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildsniper911 View Post
    I only use Chrome these days (so far the best browser for me), if anyone has a problem opening Assessments and statement of accounts in chrome, do the following:
    Aah - that explains why Chrome didn't work for me when (trying) to file a VAT201 last week.

The IE problem with opening VAT201's is still there. Ended up getting the job done in Firefox.

Thanks
    sigh - sadly its still not working with IE...... just have to run a few browsers I guess

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123