Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is resignation an escape from prosecution for corruption ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gac View Post
    I may have missed the reports but COSATU seems to be awfully quiet on this matter. Given the allegations involve substantial amounts of union Member funds I would have thought there would have been a riot.
    The low profile is hardly surprising - There's sure to be union officials among the trustees that signed off on those fund movements.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    The case is hotting up by the looks of things and the net is closing in. According to Mail & Guardian pressure is mounting within Govt and from Trade Unions. M&G also reports that one of the Trade Union officials who signed off the loan is the brother of Mrs Gongodwana. Gobsmacked? no not at all.

Thanks
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He was secretary general of SACTWU at the time the "investments" were made from the pension funds.

Thanks
    Oh $#!t another sick one, what is it? when you get caught you get sick?

http://mg.co.za/article/2012-01-30-k...-springs-probe
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Being too sick to face the music is becoming a popular trend and beyond a joke. Is worry, stress, anxiety and depression not a natural response to having the heat turned up on ones self when you have committed a crime and you know it.

Surely the Courts should inisst on 2 or 3 independent expert opinions on these matters and not not some "b......t" note from a GP who has been paid off to do so.

Quite frankly I get peeved that I am legally forced to accept a Sick Note from GP's, who I know for a fact issue them for a fee without doing any medical check-ups, and mark the employee as legally sick and then pay them their wage.

It is going to be interesting to see what the legal response will be to this nonsense and I wonder how other legal systems deal with this stalling tactic, not that it should change anything in the long run.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how this kind of thing is dealt with in other countries?

Thanks
    See Dewani case in UK, court goes on whith the accused in abstentia.
    Arianna Huffington

Thanks
    The plot thickens

http://mg.co.za/article/2012-02-03-g...ied-to-inquiry

Former deputy minister of economic development, Enoch Godongwana, allegedly misled the Canyon Springs Investments 12 insolvency inquiry while giving evidence last year when he failed to disclose that he had received money from companies belonging to Richard Kawie, who has been charged with fraud in the scandal over the misappropriation of clothing factory workers' pension fund

Trilinear owner's lawyer fights cash heist charges, Buthelezi's lawyer, Rooshdeen Rudolph had been criminally charged for his alleged involvement in a cash heist at the OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg in 2006.
    A gang of twelve people was accused of stealing about R100-million in foreign currency from a South African Airways cargo plane at the airport six years ago. The money recovered was later stolen from the Benoni police station by another gang.

WTF is going on, are these people mad? never mind the missing pension cash what about the stolen R100 million, which was recovered and re stolen from the poice, where is the cash now? maybe Jackie Selebi opened the safe and got 'The Landlord's' gang to steal it from the police station and Lollie Jackson was the banker, now Krejir wants the money??? you could write a soapie about this.
    Arianna Huffington

9. Thanks given for this post:

gac (05-Feb-12)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    It comes as no surprise that Enoch has lied. I would like to know what he spent the money, he didnt know he had received, on.
    Interesting story on corruption and I just pray that it gets the rapid investigation and sentencing it warrants.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12