Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woolworths steals Frankie's ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks

Angry Woolworths steals Frankie's ideas

Eish...Woolworths must think that the entire world is totally doff. They blatantly rip off the Frankie's products, packaging and flavours and then have the audacity to say that the idea just came to them. What, in a daydream 1 year ago when Frankie's showed Woolworths their products?

This issue just goes to show once again that corporates are like sharks - they devour everything in their path eventhough they claim to hold all sorts of lofty ideals. Like the proverbial scorpion riding on the back of the frog, the corporate will sting the little guy sooner or later simply because it is in its nature to do so.

Check out Woolworths on Facebook, they are taking a beating. They are also too chicken....t to go onto 702 & Cape Talk to defend their actions

WOOLWORTHS SUCKS!

Thanks
    I saw this. Frankie's Facebook page has a lot more detail.

This can be doing WoolRipp's reputation no good. Serves them right. Even ripped off the flavour names.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    You know really, they must have rocks in their heads! Even the dumbest ripoff artist won't use the same flavour names when the names are soooooooooooo obvious.

The mind just boggles at the stupidity of people.

To be honest, I think it was probably some little nignog in the company that was trying to get ahead and pitched the idea. The nignog probably thought that nobody would realize. But even so, a company this size should do the research before they go ahead and put a product on the market.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I stopped buying clothes from Woollies when they replaced their excellent quality with imported stuff that falls apart.

I just listened to a number of people who phoned in and said that W does this on a regular basis with small businesses. Get them in, pretend to be interested and then decline. In no time the same products appear as an in house brand. Very unethical for a company who is building their whole image on ethical behaviour.
    Sometimes the only transport available is a leap of faith

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Got any links for the rest of us to follow up on?

edit***

link

Jip this sucks, A consumer strike may be the thing to do here. Why support them at all?
    I am closing my account when I wake-up tomorrow if I have the option to give a reason I will just point to this story.
    Last edited by tec0; 20-Dec-11 at 11:26 PM.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    We believe that the allegations made against Woolworths are unfounded. We have not infringed any copyright, intellectual property nor registered trade mark. We have also not been contacted by the ASA or any other appropriate authority about these allegations.
    Source Food24

Thought as much denial and law... Truth is if they did this by the book they did it by the book. I am sure they did their research before making their own brand so they will probably be untouchable as is the norm lately. Right and wrong is just not worth anything anymore.

If they acted within the law then that is it basically. That said a consumer can still close their accounts with them. I wonder if a consumer strike will remind them that right is right and wrong is wrong?

Based on what the people are saying, I would be worried if I was "WoolRipp's" do they think the customers are happy about this ???
    peace is a state of mind

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Here is a link to the 702 interview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YSfy...ature=youtu.be

It doesn't matter whether this is legal or not. Such unethical behaviour is just wrong. I have been getting fed up with Woolworths for a while now. I think it is time for me to find alternatives.
    Sometimes the only transport available is a leap of faith

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Newretailer View Post
    It doesn't matter whether this is legal or not. Such unethical behaviour is just wrong. I have been getting fed up with Woolworths for a while now. I think it is time for me to find alternatives.
    The big corporates very often bully the small guys into submission. Why? Because they can. They have more money and therefore better legal representation. Our legal system is good, but just too far out of reach of the average citizen.

It is up to the small guys to stand up for each other. I have also had my moments with Woolworths. I now have even more reason to close my account which I have not been using anyway.

(I wonder why the food MD appeared on E-TV news dressed as a pirate?)
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think they need to consider the fact that the shoppers and people in general will not take kindly to this. This is not about a legal technicality anymore. Surly they must have considered how the consumers will react?
    peace is a state of mind

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I think that 99% of consumers don't care one way or another as long as they pay less.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast