I hope someone can give me clarity on this as I odnt seem to be getting anwhere with legal advice:
1. I have a Clear ITC report (Credit Report) from 3 of the Top Credit Bureaus
2. There is No Judgment on my Credit Profile
3. A debt Collector contacted me 8 years after the debt and demanded Payment
4. The debt Collector firstly cliamed they were collecting on behalf of ABSA
5. When I advised them my Account with ABSA is 0.00 and they cant give me any documents or figures, they changed their comment to: We have bought over
their debt and I now owe the original debt to the Debt Collector not ABSA
6. When I asked for Papaerwork and Statements - they had none to give
7. Debt Collector then got a CT Lawyer to send me an Email in which I was advised a default Judgement had been granted 9 years ago and on that they are
cliaming the debt from me now
8. I asked for documentation and got 1 Page from the lawyer: A case number with heading Application for Judgement - No paperwork attached statements or
address where summons was issued (I have no knowledge of a jdgement taken by ABSA)
9. I have 1 Page from the Attorney and on this Payment is Demended - I have no record on my credit profile of this Judgement - my credit profile is Clear
My Questions are:
1. Does the Debt Colleting Company have a legal claim on a 9 year old debt that ABSA have 0.00 balance on (it was not settled by me - I have liaised with
2. Is the 1 Page Document that the Debt collecting Company have, Valid if it is an 'Application for Judgement' with a case number with a 'Clerk of the Court'
Stamp on it. There is no detail of the debt on it (except for 1 Amount) and No Address where Summons was issued etc.
3. Why is this Default Judgement not on my Credit Profile if it was not paid by me (ABSA cannot give me any information on this themselves)
4. Can the Debt Collecting company demand payment for a default judgement 9 years old that is not recorded against me with the Credit Bureau?
I dont know if anyone ca anaswer these questions but before I go to a lawyer and pay him for answers and advice, I thought Id try this forum.