Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How can one report a medical doctor?

  1. #1
    Platinum Member Neville Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Morningside, Durban
    Thanked 401 Times in 348 Posts

    How can one report a medical doctor?

    How can one report a medical doctor who one suspects is handing out "sick notes" to employees for a small fee?

    Is there a medical "ombudsman" and, if so, what is the correct procedure in reporting such suspicions?
    Neville Bailey - Pastel Accounting Consultant and Photographer
    IronTree Online Solutions
    View Neville Bailey Photography

    "Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

  2. #2
    Diamond Member Blurock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Thanked 770 Times in 633 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My ex employers had a policy that they had the right to send you to a medical practitioner of their choice, should they have any doubts about your medical condition.

    It may be very hard to prove that the doctor had actually issued false medical certificates as doctors are unlikely to testify against each other.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

  3. #3
    Site Caretaker Dave A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Durban, South Africa
    Thanked 2,475 Times in 2,079 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Doctors are regulated by the Health Professions Council of South Africa. The specific Board is the Medical and Dental Board.

    After scratching around a bit, this seems to be the Lodge a Complaint info page.
    The trouble with opportunity is it normally comes dressed up as work.

    Alcocks Electrical Services | Alcocks Pest Control & Entomological Services

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    can not figure out how to start a thread here.???? But want to get advise about a doctor that never supplied me with an invoice at the time of my visit and said that they would send it directly to my medical aid and have as yet still not got it right. They have supplied me with references that are not for submissions and have only supplied me with a statement(that I am sure the medical aid will not accept ).It is now 7 months since my consultation. I do not have the money to pay the account myself.Was retrenched in December. Surely they are in the wrong? I am just waiting to be black listed!!! by them.

Similar Threads

  1. AIA inspection report - how do I reply?
    By Man1 in forum Electrical Contracting Industry Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-Dec-09, 09:24 AM
  2. [Question] where to report phishing scams
    By SilverNodashi in forum General Business Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-Dec-09, 10:54 AM

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts