I am sure we all had these calls... People will call you asked you questions about the municipality, if you are touched by crime and if the police are responsive or not. They continue to ask you if you have access to a credit card and or if you earn more than X month. They are relentless and will phone you once a day if you don't pick up.

Now Telkom does not care about this because they hold the law over ours head. See these people have a right to privacy, if there number is hidden to you that mean they don't want you to know who they are and we the victim needs a court order to get that info.

The problem is not them having access to private info. No we are being tricked to answer really dangerous questions.

Question 1 > Do you own a mobile phone? (1.2) What network do you use? (1.3) Would you mind to give us your number? [They got your Telephone number if one was gullible]

Question2> Do you own a Credit card? (2.2) Who are you banking with? (2.3) What account do you have? [They know more or less what you earn because banks will only give credit cards to people that can afford them and earn X per month]

Question3> Where you a victim of crime? (3.2) Did the police respond promptly? [The scary version is if these questions is if they are criminals they know they can rob one and the police will not have a speedy response!]

Now the real scary version is when they confirm your home address.
So who are these people? [Telkom protects them so we don't know]
Can we stop them from getting our info? [We don't know how they get it so no...]

So why are we talking to them? Because Telkom refuses to help us out with a service that will allow us to block "blocked" Numbers. I know I asked them for this on several occasions.

So don't these people are criminals they know stuff about us. They phoned one to fish for more stuff there is no accountability so cut them off.... Tell them you are not interested if they phone back do not be nice.

They already invaded our privacy they obtain our info without our say so. Why do they need more? Who is to say they are not who they say they are indeed criminals? How can we authenticate their claims?

For this reason I think they are scam artists. What is your opinion.