Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wake up call

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Amazing how these things can blow out like that.

I had a rep stung by a bee at a client's premises on Tuesday (no, she wasn't there about bee control). Turns out she's allergic.

Fortunately I had other members of staff there providing technical assistance for the quote she was working on. So they rushed her to the nearest medical assistance - a Medicross Clinic. Turns out they won't accept WCA IOD claims, so I get a call to authorise payment direct by the company.

"No big deal" I thinks to myself - go for it. Shouldn't be much of a bill.

Famous last words
    been stung millions of times...then suddenly 2 years ago i get stung on my hand...hand swells up so bad i couldnt move it...now i am told i am alergic to any sting and have to carry pills just in case.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Sorry to hear about the shingles, hope you're on the road to recovery soon.
    thanks andy...i think it is still gona get worse before it starts getting better...had a couple spots yesterday...today i have about 20... it felt like someone had shaved the skin off my back and chest...when i left for work this morning still boosted with pain killers...i forgot to take the medication with...by 2 pm i was gone take my shirt off so that it wouldnt touch...but i decided against it because it looks bad...i dont know which is worse the ribs or the shingles...fells like someone has hit me with a cricket bat in the chest...i dont think the working till 11 pm is helping either...when the drugs are working i feel great...in fact...yeah baby better than i do on a good day but when they wear off i feel like a crippled old man with a breathing problem...maybe i should doiuble up on the drugs and get fixed twice as fast

apparently the doc recons my little one (3 year old) will get chicken pox...no doubt about it...thats what i am more bummed about than anything else.

Thanks
    Kids get chicken pox and hardly even notice it. You'll actually be doing him a favour if he gets it over and done with at an early age.

Thanks
    When I got shingles, I stayed away from work, just incase someone hadn't had chicken pox yet. A "good" thing about shingles is your blood becomes pretty awesome for a few months after that. At least there's some good that happens, right?

Thanks
    Oh yes, and contact your local blood service - they usually very keen to get a few pints after you recover - I think they use the anti-bodies for research, or something like that.
    Watching the ships passing by.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Amazing how these things can blow out like that.

I had a rep stung by a bee at a client's premises on Tuesday (no, she wasn't there about bee control). Turns out she's allergic.

Fortunately I had other members of staff there providing technical assistance for the quote she was working on. So they rushed her to the nearest medical assistance - a Medicross Clinic. Turns out they won't accept WCA IOD claims, so I get a call to authorise payment direct by the company.

"No big deal" I thinks to myself - go for it. Shouldn't be much of a bill.

Famous last words
    Ouch. How much can a few antihistamines cost?
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    If you want pain, try this for size. You well & truly wish to die during the painful stages. Contracted this in Laos before returning to SA last year. Had to travel in the last stages. It's not contagious - need mossies for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_fever
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    Ouch. How much can a few antihistamines cost?
    I wish.

They shot her up with adrenaline and cortisone, and frankly that little lot seems to have caused more problems than the sting itself.

She's had a migraine that's only starting to wear off now a week later, is only been weened off the cortisone now, 3 doctors consults so far...

It has been a real circus!

Thanks
    Eeeeesh. Adrenaline? Why would they have gone that route, I wonder?

The cortisone, I can understand.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twinscythe12332 View Post
    When I got shingles, I stayed away from work, just incase someone hadn't had chicken pox yet. A "good" thing about shingles is your blood becomes pretty awesome for a few months after that. At least there's some good that happens, right?
    i wish i could stay at home...i spent the weekend relocating a factory...i have enough work at the moment to keep me going for about 3 months without all the breakdowns...shutdowns which will start in a week or 2...with this rain the breakdowns are keeping me busy most of the morning...not complaing...just a bad time for this to happen...yesterday i ran out of drugs...had to take my shirt off until i could get more drugs...getting up early...pulling in cables and connecting is taking its toll on my chest....how ever it looks like the red spots are begining to fade...so hopefully the shingles is on its way out then its just the dislodged ribs to worry about...

always thought of shingles as just a dirty sickness people get...like lice...never heard of anyone close getting it until now...seems like more people have had it than i knew of...they just never mentioned it....but now that i have had my turn...eeish i dont wish it on anyone.

if you have ever slid down the tarmac after falling off a bicycle or motorcycle etc...that feeling when you get a light graze just the nerves are exposed...tahts what it feels like...i wonder if spraying methylate on it like i use to do with my roasties to dry them out...would make it go away quicker...or maybe i should just tape duct tape across my chest so my shirt doesnt rub on it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast