Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Entering the JSE

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Some great info there jjdewet - and satrix is a great way for guys to get into the market with minimum fees, as compared to unit trusts - even though maybe as not as focused - the savings on fees should make that up in most cases.

I do not agree with your 20K, and 100k minimum amounts though. I think as long as your trade is around R5K and you investing for the long term (10 years and longer) you are fine. I DO agree if it's a year or less though. But, as you say, it's whether you are speculating or investing.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thats true. When investing, you can start with basically nothing...but fees will eat a lot of capital. When you want to be a cowboy and trade derivatives, you will need a lot of cash, and have a 95% to blow it...

Quote Originally Posted by Pap_sak View Post
    Some great info there jjdewet - and satrix is a great way for guys to get into the market with minimum fees, as compared to unit trusts - even though maybe as not as focused - the savings on fees should make that up in most cases.

I do not agree with your 20K, and 100k minimum amounts though. I think as long as your trade is around R5K and you investing for the long term (10 years and longer) you are fine. I DO agree if it's a year or less though. But, as you say, it's whether you are speculating or investing.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Up to about two years ago there was someone in the Free State who would watch the markets and then advise you when to buy and at what price and sell as well. He said that you could start with as little as R2000 and then buy a particular share on his recommendation and put it back into the market at the original price plus 10%. The 10% would cover all costs and give you a profit of 6%. If this is repeated 90 times R2000 could become R1m. He stopped doing this when the market became too volatile and he did not want to put other people at risk with his recommendations.

I have no doubt that over the long term the stock market would give a better yield than what any of the banks could give. Over the short term the whole thing becomes much more riskier and you have to have a good heart to invest / play on the stock exchange. It is easy to start the morning with a nice profit and within a half hour have a loss.

Someone who operates a business at www.world-focus.co.za has a system (program) they sell and you would become an investing member and they would then either email or sms early morning what you have to buy and at the same time tell what you have to sell. (I would appreciate some comments on this)

My own feeling is that unless you have someone who knows the markets very well and can interpret all the relevant graphs you have to make very sure that you have enough knowledge yourself to do short term investments.
    Faan Kruger
    +27 82 853 7879
    krugerfaan@gmail.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.