Thread: Leavin on a jet plane???

Thanks

Unhappy Leavin on a jet plane???

Lately Ive been stuck on this idea that i really want to move to australia.even if i can only get 2 years it will be worth it. But Iv been browsing the net and making a few calls and the furthur I fall down the rabbit hole,the more depressing it looks. My research has shown me that I need 25k cash before they will even consider giving me a visa, then I'll need a further 20k when I go over there. I dont know what to do. I thought that by doing a trade i would be opening so many doors for myself but it seems as though I will be stuck here forever. I could save, but the nice gentleman on the phone said that australia is closing its doors and im running out of time. I Wish i knew of a cheaper option, like getting sponsored, but It doesnt help when I dont know of any companies overseas. To to it all off I can only get a south african passport. Does anybody have any valuable advice that they would be willing to share with me for free?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Nope ..............I love this country and would not leave. Dont have any problems with anyone wanting to leave tho, but Australia would be the last place I would go to !!! I have a brother in law that moved there a few years ago and believe me it is not all what it is cut out to be. But good luck ........... I would make sure that you get a job first as it is very difficult to get one once you are there - they prefer to hire their own before others.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (07-Oct-11)

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    protectionism... in these difficult times most countries are looking after there own before others...

Thanks
    last time I checked, they work on a points system in terms of elligibility to go over. There are some industries that give you more points than others (ie the stuff they don't currently have a strength in). This was a little while ago though, and I don't know your full reasons for going over. So I guess that's a starting point.

Thanks
    As far asI know they still work on a pointssystem but it's fluid. They constantly change the points your qualifications are worth depending on their job market requirements. I know nurses and dentists scored very highly not so long ago but this may have changedalready.

Thanks
    yea i took the points test and scored over 65 so im accepted. but wat does that mean for me? I still gotta pay like 45k. its insane but I think its the only way im ever gonna get over hey. maybe I should just bite the bullet and do it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    Does anybody have any valuable advice that they would be willing to share with me for free?
    I agree with Kevin. Why choose Australia? The people talk funny, they have "barbies" in stead of braai's (who wants to go play with dolls?) 3/4 of the country is desert, they have more flies than Egypt, there are more poisonous snakes than most countries, they have annual fires and sometimes floods too. They don't have Castle.

According to the 2007 Guinness Book of records they have the highest rate of petty crime in the world.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...