i went to a petrol station and used my credit card to fill up...i insisted they bring the machine to my vehicle...which the attendant did...he pushed my card into the machine while i was watching him and he put the info which was required and gave me the machine to put in the pin...i gave it back to him he removed the card as soon as the transaction went thru and he handed it back to me...what more can you do to make sure they dont nail you.

3 days later i check my balance...and guess what i have been charged twice by the garage for the same amount...how they did this i am still trying to figue out...

i spoke to the bank ABSA to find out how this could have happened...they said it is impossible because there is a chip on the card and you have to key in the pin for every transaction...so i asked what now.

i was told that because i made a purchase from the petrol station i must now go and claim the money back myself directly from the petrol station...the fact that my card was not reported stolen they cannot do anything about it.

time to canceal my credit card with ABSA...if they cannot even reverse a transaction that they can see has been double debited...how can i be sure that if i have any other issues with my credit card i will actually get my money back and the fact that you have to put in a pin number for the transaction to happen makes me even more nervous that this kind of thing can happen...maybe i should try FNB and see if all their wadda wadda about their credit card is any good.

yes i know i hate credit cards but i got tired of begging standard bank and the rate they are robbing me using my debit card it paid me to get a credit card...with a small limit...which after this incident is gona get reduced even more...like to R1000