Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: positive or negative

Thanks
    "Don't run in the rat race, walk along at your own pace" best advice I could give you.
    I also suffer from that compulsive "I don't really need this, but it's awesome" mentality. It's probably why I have 5 decent spec computers in my house =P
    I found that when I was struggling to curb my spending, I gave my card to my wife (many of you will be saying "ooooh, brave" but that's what trust is about).
    I'm back to keeping the card on me, and my spending urges are a bit more under control.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Murdock, you confuse me???

First you say:
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    weight loss and healthy eating ideas...i mean ways to program your mind to focus and stay focused.
    then you say:
    one of the reasons i metioned that i am not looking for a diet or list of good foods
    Of course will power is the first prerequisite for any attempt at changing, but why not support this will power by ensuring your chemical composition is optimal for achieving your goal?

Suspended
    Thanks
    mother what i am trying to get at is...i have all the eating plans...like high protein diets...this diet that diet...i even have a weigh less program with all the food groups etc etc....the problem is commiting to them and sticking to them...its too easy to stop off at the local pie shop and buy a or 2 or 3 and they are easy to eat while driving.

what i am looking for are ideas to help motivate myself to actually eating healthy...like a goal or a picture of my fat ass body on my mirror in ny bathroom...that kind of thing...idaes that work or should i say have worked for other people.

what i have been doing as i mentioned is getting up a little earlier in the morning and making lunch...plus the last 2 days i stop during the day sit down and eat...well stand but stop working or doing what ever i am doing...baby steps...i will evenetually get there.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I see what you're saying. Then I have the perfect suggestion for you:

Start courting your wife again. Plan romantic evenings, especially dates where you have to dress up and go out. And have lots of sex. These activities will have a drastic effect on the chemicals in your mind & body, causing you to focus on making yourself desirable. It's very primal and very effective. It also keeps your mind occupied with planning for and looking forward to those evenings, thus eliminating boredom, which is often a major reason for over-eating. And of course there is no better whole-body-cardio workout like sex!

Plus: eat lots of bananas! Bananas make you happy!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Good for you Murdock! You have my support.

Its easy to find something scathing and hurtful to say - not so easy to praise.

Here's my challenge for the forum members; Greet a street sweeper or refuse collector today and thank him/her for cleaning your town or city. You may also give him a small gift or a tip. Watch the reaction! Is it not great to make someone happy?

Lets not just be positive, but also be positive towards other people.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

6. Thanks given for this post:

Newretailer (23-Sep-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    i need to figue out a way to stop speeding money...this is one this i have not been able to achieve to date...a way to say no when i see something i want.
    I found the best way to stop my impulse spending is to use procrastination. If I see something I want to buy, I won't actually buy it until the next day at the earliest. It gives me a chance to see where my prize acquisition really fits in my priorities.

And if it's something that I still want, but recognise that there are more important demands on my money right now, I'll link the purchase to a suitable goal that has to be achieved first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12