I think NOT! These last 3 days I saw nothing but Bokke-T-shirts everywhere! And of course this morning's game just lifted spirits even higher.

I live in a small conservative (mostly) Afrikaans town called Brits, surrounded by farms and bushveld. Here the boere still wear their khaki's and the tannies have 80's hairstyles. If I'm not mistaken we have over 300 000 voters in our district, of which only 30 000 are white, and more than 90% of the voters live in informal settlements outside of town. In the recent municipal elections nearly 50% of the wards went to the DA.

So what am I getting at? In this town, where conservative Afrikaners and (mostly) poverty stricken Tswana's and Sotho's live and work side by side, we DO NOT feel anything but unity. Julius talks about a struggle... The only struggle here is black and white united, struggling against corruption and lack of service delivery. Did you know that we have not been able to drink our tap water for the last 15 years?

When I look around me I see people of no particular colour or race, who all wore their Bafana Bafana t-shirts last year, and are all wearing their Bokke t-shirts now, with an enormous sense of unity and belonging. A high-five to this nation that is NOT divided! And another finger to anyone who tries to resurrect ghosts of YEARS gone by, in a hateful attempt to create division!