Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can i sale our product to South Africa straightly?

Humen town,Dongguan city,Guangdong, China
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JWalker View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what has lead your company to believe that South Africa is a good \ lucrative market for them to sell their products in?
    No, I don't mind you asking .

Good market are around world. This is depend on product's quality , price and service.

Our product is indoor lamps. we have more than ten years experience in this field.

I am responsible for Africa and Oceania market.
    http://yihaolamp.com
    professional in indoor lamps manufacture

Thanks
    You need to have a distribution depot in RSA with stock of your product.
    The problem most South Africans have with Chinese manufacturers is the importing of the product and the lead time from placing orders to delivery at the place of business.
    This is probably true for most SME's in RSA because we don't have the wherewithall to import enough product to make it worthwhile, better to source from local suppliers as you get product within days if not hours.
    The big businesses import by the containerload and don't have a problem because they have the finances and staff to do this.

Perhaps if a few Chinese manufacturers reps get together and set up a importing and distributing depot you will get more business.

I mention this because there are a few products I would buy if I could get them locally when I have a demand for the same.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

3. Thanks given for this post:

yuemax (09-Sep-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    This is probably true for most SME's in RSA because we don't have the wherewithall to import enough product to make it worthwhile, better to source from local suppliers as you get product within days if not hours.
    I think that's the crux of the matter for most of us. We can't (or don't really want to) tie up any more capital than we need to in stock.

Thanks
    Hi Wynn,

The MOQ's can be negotiated down quite a lot with Chinese suppliers, especially here in Southern China (Guangdong Province). They should give you a FOB Hong Kong price, which makes shipping easy. Note also that a lot of Chinese suppliers are quoting in Renminbi and not US$ anymore, now that the dollar is going soft.

If you do import, get in touch with me and I can assist you with the quality management.

Cheers
    Max

Thanks
    Just put your product on bidorbuy.co.za or you can also list your products on shopmania.co.za.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yuemax View Post
    Hi Wynn,

They should give you a FOB Hong Kong price, which makes shipping easy. Max
    That is one third of the problem faced by SME's, what about being an order for a small quantity, import duties, cost of transport etc.

I may have an order for 10 waterworks valves that I could save maybe R500.00 on if I could buy them from China but they are needed the same week, even getting them from Joburg can be too slow?

That is why I say set up a depot in South Africa so that we know what, where and how much then you will get support I am sure, provided the products you stock are in demand.

There must be Chinese Nationals here in RSA with the infrustructure to stock and distribute products. I know in EL there is a whole hive of Chinese traders working out of one warehouse selling everything from electrical to clothing to foodstuffs.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Hi Wynn,

Yes, it seems a catch-22 situation for small SME's - if you could sustain the volume, you would be much better off going direct to supplier as then you can get the bulk price, and be able to get your specifications correct, and have oversight on the quality.

Dealing with Traders can be seriously dodgy.

Cheers
    Max

Thanks
    Thanks for all of your ideas, i have to study and study, and then put my ideas here.
    I will back soon.

Thanks to all

Shani

Thanks
    Wish all of you have wonderful weekend.

Three days for mid-autumn festival in China.

Wish all Chinese happy Mid-autumn festival in foreign countries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.