Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rant - Mercedes-Benz

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JWalker View Post
    Can I post the exact dealership on here?

I wasn't sure if its against the rules of not!
    I certainly don't have any objection.

I'd better link to this discussion on defamation just to help you protect your ass a bit too. The meat starts on page 2.

Kinda maps out what's safe to say and what isn't.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JWalker View Post
    Oooops, The main diesel line into the engine was not connected back properly and came off!!!!!!
    No f&$%#king way!!! I would have lost it completely... Was it twinscythe who mentioned elsewhere that you only come to your senses as you stand over someone's (lifeless) body? (Okay, okay, a bit of my creative license added here). Point is, I would have been beyond angry.

And regarding his claim: I would throw in the AA towing as well. Since YOU are the member (not your dad), I suggest you bill your dad for the towing (plus an "agent's commission" for yourself, or whatever you want to call it). Then, of course, that WAS an expense your dad incurred as a result of the mechanic's STUPIDITY and ARROGANCE.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Have you reported McCarthy to the MB head office? Surely they must have a customer service dept. Although lately the customer service department is usually a call centre in some obscure location. What happened to good the good old days when the boss still attended to customer complaints personally?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Hopefully Merc are a little more customer conscious than Audi.

I had waterpump and cambelt changed on my TT about 2 years ago - 13k later Driving home the car sounded like it had a boost leak - stripped down the cover plates in the engine bay when I got home and found that they had forgotten to fit the boost pipe!! This was also late on a friday and I could only get hold of the dealership on monday, the DP's attitude was not what I would expect from a company like Audi so I lodged a complaint with Audi SA as well. I didn't get any freebies though, just an undertaking that if anything went wrong with the engine or turbo - Audi would cover the full cost of any repairs. Fortunately nothing went wrong.

I agree, let the head office know about the incident as well.
    "If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you."

Suspended
    Thanks
    well the scary thing is my son works as an appy at a motor dealership...very well known one...he is a first year appy...and i would love to share some of his experiences...but need to protect his job for now...i will wait till he qualifies or leaves the company...good thing they make so much money like someone mentioned about doctors rates...they need to cover up for all the f&*^ ups.

something i have learnt...dealing with a company which is registered with this and that doesnt always mean you are getting the best person for the job it mearly means they are better protected than the others who are not...my company for example is not registered with anyone but i am passionate about what i do...there are not a whole lot of shareholders down my back every month wanting to know how much money i made...i dont have a workshop full of people who are just there for the pay check every week and watch the clock for tea times...lunch times and home time.

i use take my bike to a mechnic who was very passionate about his work...only because i had to trust him with my life..if he made a mistake...the result could be death...he employed his son who just didnt want to be there...and all he had to do was change a back tyre which i replaced every month...no big deal....or so i thought it had been done 15 times before...took the off ramp and applied brakes...he hadnt tightned the bolts back into the brake caliper and they fell out...lucky i had front brakes and it seemed like the vehicles at the robot realised that i couldnt stop so they paused and i managed to come to a stand still in the middle of the intersection...my point...no matter where you take it...the person working on the vehicle will determine how you get it back and how quickly they respond to their ooops is just as important...sounds like you need to change the place you service your vehicle.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KimH View Post
    Hopefully Merc are a little more customer conscious than Audi.

I had waterpump and cambelt changed on my TT about 2 years ago - 13k later Driving home the car sounded like it had a boost leak - stripped down the cover plates in the engine bay when I got home and found that they had forgotten to fit the boost pipe!! This was also late on a friday and I could only get hold of the dealership on monday, the DP's attitude was not what I would expect from a company like Audi so I lodged a complaint with Audi SA as well. I didn't get any freebies though, just an undertaking that if anything went wrong with the engine or turbo - Audi would cover the full cost of any repairs. Fortunately nothing went wrong.

I agree, let the head office know about the incident as well.
    the result of telling the head office must be about as wise as taking your hamburger back and complaining or sending food back at a resturant ...chances are they will spit on it...rub it under their arms...stick it in their pants...i heard of worse things but dont want to spoil your breakfast especially if you have complained and just sent it back to the kitchen...thats why i would never send my food back... i get up leave the food on the table and walk out or just eat it and never go back...do you think your service is gona be better next time?

Thanks
    On the old 'Warriors' forum a similar problem was sorted by a 'SMS SWARM' where everybody on the forum sms'd the offending party and said things like "Fix the problem with XXX or I will tell all my friends to avoid your business" so post the cell number for the manager here and leave the rest to us!!
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

8. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (07-Sep-11)

Suspended
    Thanks
    did it work...or was it as effective as an email petition?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    On the old 'Warriors' forum a similar problem was sorted by a 'SMS SWARM' where everybody on the forum sms'd the offending party and said things like "Fix the problem with XXX or I will tell all my friends to avoid your business" so post the cell number for the manager here and leave the rest to us!!

why did the warriors forum close down?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    why did the warriors forum close down?
    Peter Carruthers decided to move on to other pastures which he felt were more financially rewarding. A new subscription forum with many of the old folks was started under the name of Business Masters
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast