The time has come for people to unite and fight the system.

In Jhb, Sanrail has impossed another form of taxation to the people of this county by installing toll roads all around the major highways of Jhb.
There was once a time the taxation for road repairs, maintenance and new roads formed part of the cost of fuel. Gov justified the taxation on petrol through this excuse. In fairness, we did have decent roads, and new roads built, would be tolled, like the N3 from Jhb to Dbn.

Now the extra cost to the pvt individual running from Pretoria to Sandton would be in the region of R1500.00 per month. Needless to say this is on roads that where originally bought and paid for by fuel taxes. Ok, so they are upgrading the roads! WOW!

Lets look at thge impact on business using these roads on a permanent basis for their deliveries, sales people etc. What is the roll on effect of this for our small economy in South Africa. Do you think it will be R1500.00 per vehicle, or maybe R15000.00 per vehicle. Hell, i could use the R15000.00 per vehicle.

As a result everything will increase in price, from basic foods stuffs like bread and milk to luxary items. We are already been strong armed into pasying higher wagers by the unions strikes which puts additional prressure on the business 's of this country.

So we down to the business being the one who will carry the larget portion of this taxation.

I started this business of mine 9 months ago. I am still not drawing a proper salary and everytime i try to move forward there is someone else waiting to take it away, legally, and stifle my ability to move forward. But yet we will not attain employment growth predictions if the small business owner cannot move forward.

I now hear that Cape Town is meetying with Sanrail this week to discuss tolling of the roads around Cape Town. Have they seen our road, we actually have decent roads here and virtually no pot holes etc.

So it wont be long and then it will be Dbn then PE, EL, Bloem and when does it stop.

A long time ago i asked the postmaster about a 50% increase in the cost of the post box. It really was an insignificant amount when i look back on it, but it was the principle behind it. His answer was toy toy.

It is time we, the South African business owner changed the rules of engagment and unite against the financial raping of our hard earned money and stifling the ability for the few that actually have the ability to make this a better country.

Why can we not go on strike,. We want better pay, less taxes, more rewards. Can you imagine if the business owners decided that for one month we will all take our leave at the same time, call it a strike, shut the doors, stop paying the people and imagine after 30 days how much food would be on the pantry shelf. You wouldnt have petrtol, you would have taxes for 30 days, you wouldnt have stress.

While i can dream of this the reality is if we dont, and we keep sitting back and accepting the pilferage of the countries resources through legal means we will never get the system to change.

The business's in this country, account for the biggest tax injection into this economy and we actually hold the strength. Unionise the business owners and we too can have a forum and system that can apply the pressure in the right areas to effect change.