i contacted the water department this morning when i found that there was no water...i was given a refernece number and told there was a pipe burst in the area...an hour later a plumber arrived and found that the flow limiter they installed is faulty...when i got home from work tonight i found that i still had no water...so i contacted the water department again and was told that the limter was faulty...so i asked how they were planining on providing me with my 300 litres of water today as it is a right i have living in south africa...i was told the people who work on the flow limiters dont work on weekends and so tough luck for me...i must wait till monday and they will send someone out and fix it...

my question is so what now...were does the consumer protection act protest us with stuff like this and does anyone have any ideas as to how i can resolve this problem with actually going and cutting the pipes so that the water flies all over the place to get them to send out a plumber to fix the problem.

i actually dont need their water because i have 12000 litres stored on my property...after all this rain my tanks are were over flowing...but its the principle and the f&*^k you attitude which i received when i contacted them.