Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will i get finance after Debt Couselling? Answer : NO

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi David,

The answer is no, since the car is not yours until you have made a final payment.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    they cannot touch anything unless they can prove it belows to you in full and final payment...and they cannot take your bed or fridge even if it is paid off.

i had the sherrif arrive to attach goods because i apparently didnt pay a tv license for a couple of years...he couldnt touch a thing because i was renting...and sharing the house with another person...and everything belonged to the other person...i did however have to go to the cop shop and fill out an affidavid stating that i had left my tv to my ex in the divorce agreement and had not purchased another one in the past 7 years.

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies, I thought as much. Seems my only "asset" I have left when the guys want to come claim my goods, is a certificate stating I have nearly 60K worth of timeshare points. As it is Flexiclub wanting my assets in the first place, I think it is a fair swop. I offered the points block to them when the account was only about 5K in arrears, but they refused. Now they want me to appear in court in Durban, after which they will be sending "someone" to fetch goods to the value in my house. The debt is now at around 24K.

Lets not even get started with the TV license. Two years ago when my company went turtle, I had a lightning strike that took out three of computers, my TV and hifi... As insurance is the first thing you stop when times are tough, I could not have it replaced and I had just moved and had the benefit of my friends TV. When I tried cancelling my license, my first obstacle was that I was told that I was white and that I have to have a TV. Three months the debit orders carry on going off my account. Even trying to stop them at the bank, the amounts change and the bank can not stop it in time.

I then closed the bank account so the debit orders could not go through. Three months later I get a sms that I owe R800. I call to find out that this is for penalties for a bounced debit order in 1996... How can you not double debit for R22 in a period of 12 years or send a sms or letter when the account is R22 in arrears.

Now two years down the line, the attorneys are involved, I still don't have a TV and the debt has gone to R1800. They say they can issue a garnish order on my salary, I hope they will be finding me a job so that I can have a boss that they can do this to.

Now the clincher. I have been asked to get affidavit stating that I am unemployed, but in this little town where every one knows everyone in the Free State, they refuse that I do this as they say they see me doing odd jobs here and there in town and that I do have an income of sorts.

My Girlfriend has the same problem as she does part time dress designing and makes the odd wedding dress and matric dance dress. She had a turnover of money in her account and made a wopping R1500 last month. So sorry, but you are gainfully employed.

Ok I am feeling better again, it helps to vent these frustrations every so often....Sorry guys

Thanks
    The position you're in isn't uncommon, you're saddled with debt that you could possibly fight your way out of with legal assistance but you can't afford a lawyer.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ABCAB View Post
    They say they can issue a garnish order on my salary, I hope they will be finding me a job so that I can have a boss that they can do this to.

Seriously though, the next time they threaten to go to court, say "please, let's do that. Get that summons off right now. I can't wait to get this in front of a judge."

Just make sure you give them written notification of the address to serve the summons at. You wouldn't want to miss the court date.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12