Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pastel - Inventory

Thanks
    thank you for the great assistance in almost importing my inventory. i am using xpress 12 and keep getting the same 'group does not exist'' error. even when i export a csv and make an exact copy of the first line(with different inventory code). when importing i will get an error saying that the second line has an error, but the first has been succesfully imported....but they are the exact copy...i'm confused.
    please assist

Thanks
    I am also using xpress 12 . when importing i will get an error saying 'group does not exist'' . when i change it to text and 002, it works. It then goes through all the steps as it is importing and then when finished it says that there is no inventory imported. Please Help. I have 2500 items to import. setting up a new set of books.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Neville

I'm sitting working, struggling with a few Pastel import/export issues but, thanks to you once again, I am gradually getting them sorted. Just thought I should let you know! It's many a night your threads have helped me. Thank you!!

Thanks
    Thread revival....

I have done many successful inventory imports in the past with Pastel/Excl, though now for some reason I am battling. I get an error that would say that the inventory group does not exist for certain lines, however the group does exist. For example it will say the error is in lines 1-6 and then 11,12,13 etc

If I export the existing inventory and then re-import (with the same inventoy group) it imports perfectly!

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB View Post
    Thread revival....

I have done many successful inventory imports in the past with Pastel/Excl, though now for some reason I am battling. I get an error that would say that the inventory group does not exist for certain lines, however the group does exist. For example it will say the error is in lines 1-6 and then 11,12,13 etc

If I export the existing inventory and then re-import (with the same inventoy group) it imports perfectly!

Any ideas?
    Make sure there are no double-quotation characters in the inventory descriptions, as they mess around with the column separation.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Hi Guys,

I have managed to export the template, I have an idea of the format, layout etc.
    My problem is that I cannot change the quantities or rather, don't know which column to insert the new quantities on the exported CSV file?

We have about 20 000 items in stock. We have done a physical stock take, we have run the wizard, but it failed, we are trying to avoid running the wizard again, and hoping that the export/import method would be a quicker way to complete the stock take process on Pastel.

Thanking you in advance

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M4M View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have managed to export the template, I have an idea of the format, layout etc.
    My problem is that I cannot change the quantities or rather, don't know which column to insert the new quantities on the exported CSV file?

We have about 20 000 items in stock. We have done a physical stock take, we have run the wizard, but it failed, we are trying to avoid running the wizard again, and hoping that the export/import method would be a quicker way to complete the stock take process on Pastel.

Thanking you in advance
    The template you are using will not update any stock quantities, as it is a masterfile template. You need to update the quantities by means of an inventory journal, and that has its own import template. You can generate the template format by capturing one or two line items manually into the inventory journal, and then exporting the batch as a CSV file, and then delete the journal without updating it.

However, if the Count Assistant is failing, you might want to try it again, after running the FixStk utility. You will find the utility file in your Pastel folder.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Thank you very much!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12