Thread: The story of Jimmy Manyi

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Cool The story of Jimmy Manyi

Eventually he was relieved of his post. It was said that he was a casualty in an ongoing power struggle. However there were those in the corridors of power,who insisted that, as a member of the club, he was entitled to be guaranteed another management post.

Despite much protestations, and complaints of political favouritism, he was appointed to a new post … as team leader of a 5 man unit, charged with painting the N1 along its Karoo sector.

A problem immediately developed as Manyi would simply not agree to white paint being used. Serious tensions arose. When a unit member suggested the colour brown as a compromise, Manyi started to froth at the mouth.

To prevent the workers from toy toyeeing, once again, he ran a well funded workshop, or was it a symposium. There he quite unashamedly infused his team with his brand of “black consciousness”. A double digit increase in salary ensured acceptance of his gospel.

The N1 highway had its road markings painted in the colour black.

Soon thereafter there was a terrible head-on collision, involving two brand new Mercedes Benz vehicles. Some very, very important people met their instant demise. Sadly there were those who muttered shamefully, or shamelessly, that justice had been done.

The thing was described as a loss to the whole nation. Days of mourning were prescribed.

Manyi has not been fired.
    Last edited by Dave A; 27-Jul-11 at 10:53 AM. Reason: sp
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Email problem
    Thanks
    You so right he is not doing SA any favours

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNG53 View Post
    Eventually he was relieved of his post. It was said that he was a causality in an ongoing power struggle. However there were those in the corridors of power,who insisted that, as a member of the club, he was entitled to be guaranteed another management post.

Despite much protestations, and complaints of political favouritism, he was appointed to a new post … as team leader of a 5 man unit, charged with painting the N1 along its Karoo sector.

A problem immediately developed as Manyi would simply not agree to white paint being used. Serious tensions arose. When a unit member suggested the colour brown as a compromise, Manyi started to froth at the mouth.

To prevent the workers from toy toyeeing, once again, he ran a well funded workshop, or was it a symposium. There he quite unashamedly infused his team with his brand of “black consciousness”. A double digit increase in salary ensured acceptance of his gospel.

The N1 highway had its road markings painted in the colour black.

Soon thereafter there was a terrible head-on collision, involving two brand new Mercedes Benz vehicles. Some very, very important people met their instant demise. Sadly there were those who muttered shamefully, or shamelessly, that justice had been done.

The thing was described as a loss to the whole nation. Days of morning were prescribed.

Manyi has not been fired.
    Being the 'King of cringe' he decided to enter idols, even though he couldn't sing a note in tune!

Thanks
    If it were not so serious we would have the funniest politicians on this planet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulktextads View Post
    You so right he is not doing SA any favours

Thanks
    I thought a good compromise would be to paint the road white and leave the median lines black.

But you are right, white paint would make him froth at the mouth.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Email problem
    Thanks
    It appears that the Van der Merwe jokes have disappeared and has been replaced by our politicians.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulktextads View Post
    It appears that the Van der Merwe jokes have disappeared and has been replaced by our politicians.
    Except that the situation we find ourselves in is really no joke. We have an intolerant self righteous culture at the the top that is simply contemptuous of "other voices" of reason. Moeletsi Mbeki has just once again spoken out, loud and clear. His words have already been described as "hatred" of the ANC by Jackson Mthembu.

I once attended a Board meeting of the most successful company, in its sector, in the US. Afterwards I remarked to the President on how even junior executives appeared enthusiastic about disagreeing with him very strongly. His immediate response was - "that is why we have been so successful, and leaders in our field; my thinking has always been corrected or refined by disagreement. I am the boss of the company, not the brains. We are not gangsters with a culture of supine subservience".

It is absolutely obscene that an incompetent racist buffoon like Jimmy Manyi is kept on. So too as regards the homophobe Jon Qwelane. Both have not even the most superficial understanding of our Constitution and its tenets.

When is Jacob Zuma, himself having been victimized, going to start fulfilling the promises he made when he became President?
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When is Jacob Zuma, himself having been victimized, going to start fulfilling the promises he made when he became President?
    JZ already has what he wanted when he made those promises - his personal get-out-of-jail card. I wouldn't be expecting anything from his side soon, if ever.

In the meantime, Juju seems well set to travel down the same road. The campaign towards a "political solution" is already well underway with SMS messages appearing on TV, ANCYL news releases and (I now hear via radio), the ANC Womens League joining the chorus. All this before there is even a formal investigation.

How long before even COSATU, who also called for an investigation, backs a political solution to an as yet untested allegation of corruption?

Thanks
    My question is when is he going to do what he swore under oath to do at his inauguration?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Email problem
    Thanks
    Oath, what oath, these politicians don't worry about oaths, they there to enrich themselves. There has not been one Government department that has been free of corruption. The very people who voted these politicians in are the ones who suffer. Think what we could have done had not so much money been lost to theft and corruption. Then there is money spent, lost with the Arms deal. How many schools, houses and hospitals could be built.
    And the Government will tax us more to make up for the shortfall. About 10% of the populations tax supports 90% of the population. I say its time the Revenue services be reminded that we should withhold our tax money, we have a right not to lose money through incompetent politicians. - Thanks now I feel better.