Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fracking in the Karoo

Thanks
    Hi My pennies worth.
    Fracking is a No No, I am going to put a sign on my car.
    Boycott the oil company that starts to Franking in South Africa.

This form of toy-toy works.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (19-Jun-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There has been further proof of the destructive impact that fracking will have on our scarce water resources.

Do not think that because you live in a city such as Durban, Cape Town or Pretoria that fracking will have no impact on you. The ongoing saga of acid mine water should give us enough to worry about. We should have sleepless nights about the future of our water. With more and more people making demands on water every day, this is something that people may kill for in future generations....
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In spite of so much evidence of the harm done by fracking, the government goes and lifts the moratorium. What do you expect of people that do not even know where lightning comes from?

Everyone should see this clip and be aware of what damage fracking can do. http://youtu.be/8_axZpB0wZI

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    In spite of so much evidence of the harm done by fracking, the government goes and lifts the moratorium. What do you expect of people that do not even know where lightning comes from?

Everyone should see this clip and be aware of what damage fracking can do. http://youtu.be/8_axZpB0wZI
    Plenty of people in South Africa some dying from cancer or water poisoning is not a big deal.

But gas revenue would allow state to put more of relatives, I mean bureaucrats into 'managing' the new income stream.

Its really a no brainier
    People dropping dead for decades from water poisoned Aquifers and contaminated ground water who cares, gas revenue chu chu! (making train sounds)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Today is GLOBAL anti fracking day. If fracking is not harmful to the environment and is not poisoning ground water, why then are there so many countries that have banned fracking?

You do not have to be a scientist to understand that once you damage an underground aquifer, it is like puncturing an artery in your own body. If you inject poison into that artery, the whole body will be contaminated and poisoned.

Please do not allow this to happen and don't let them turn our country into a wasteland just for the sake of money!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sadly it will, If you look at mining in general lets take an old mining town and just go and have a look pick one anyone... You will find that they did not fix the land after they where done. Nope they packed up and left everything as is. Money will always come first always... Just like the e-toll they don't care what we say they WILL do what they see fit we don't have a say.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12