Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The human face of recession.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Using any religion to win an argument is just a low blow in my opinion. Because the person using their religion knows that by using their religion others may not say what they want to say and therefore they are right and everyone else was wrong.

Well I say stop labelling each other and start talking as an individual. Stop hiding behind “truths” and face the fact that we must fend for ourselves and try to understand the problems us as humans face.

But if you want to bring your religion into a debate and get all angry about it then sorry this is no longer a debate it is a mudslinging contest and that then nothing gets done and people will lose interest. So the ball is in your hands.

peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
    If you wish to hard sell your religion to the forum members, challenge them to finding your 'truth', which I must say really is a challenge, then perhaps Dave can set up a separate thread area alongside the mlm and scamming sections where this can be done and any interested people can rant and rave there...
    Not going to happen, so vent your spleen here and get it out of your system.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Frankincense (12-Jan-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ag what a disappointment, here I thought we will debate get to the bottom for some pressing matters. Now it is just an age old argument of “who is right and who is wrong”

peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Have your debate by all means. Just please excuse me if I stay out of it as I am likely to grossly offend. Here's one of the reasons why -

From my experience, business and religion don't go together well at all. The moment someone expects me to trust them because they are so honourably religious (and this applies to a fair multitude of faiths, unfortunately) it's mostly proved to have been the best warning indicator on show that I should not have had any business dealings with them at all.

6. Thank given for this post:

Marq (13-Jan-10), tec0 (13-Jan-10), tonyflanigan (12-Jan-10)

Thanks
    @ Dave Hear Hear
    I'm one of the T's from TnT Unleashed Web design, photography and writing services
    http://www.1pic4twenty.co.za

Thanks
    This is Great!!!!

@tec0:
    "A purely materialistic art would be like a tree which is expected to bear fruit without flowering and to sacrifice grace and beauty for mere utility""

Quote: "...and face the fact that we must fend for ourselves " What a lonely world you must live in? I seek the protection from King Creator, and I have never been harmed nor had to do it alone. You nor any Man could ever break that bond asunder.

NB: The word religion comes from the greek word "religio" and it's Latin root means "bond". Yes, I will carry my "bond" with me wherever I go and include within whatever I say...it's our right, privaledge & honour.

@Dave: You may be excused, but I do believe some of us may miss you because....
    "A well informed public opinion is essential to the growth of political and social awareness. Only he who is informed can comment intelligently on his nation's development and only by such comments can errors be corrected and progress stimulated"

@Marq:
    "There are good men and wicked. The former should be made use of and the latter punished, without attempting to understand why the ones are good and the others wicked. The only thing to do is to deal with them with courage and decision. One must beware of uncertainty, weakness or conflicting emotions - they lead to defeat"

Quote Marq: "... otherwise keep to the business discussions and light hearted comments on these sort of issues to avoid your 'truths' from being exposed."

Men do not light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

To the Reader: It's beautiful to witness the intellectual maturity of certain forum members as they display tolerance and understanding and equally entertaining to see the spiritual illiteracy and infancy of others as their lack of peace reflects in their endless wanteness. Dont' shoot the messenger

It sure does give the reader a balanced perspective to decide what is prosperous as we apply our business skills.

Thanks
    Hi Marq,
    I do not consider my eight lines as ranting and raving. But that is your opinion. You sound like my 40 year old son.
    I have the courage to state what I am. Incidentally I do have a lot of Muslim and Hindu friends and I do respect them for what they are although not necessarily agreeing with them on their beliefs. They are aware of this and they are the ones who often initiate dialogue with me. Strangely enough this dialogue is quite often about Islam and Christianity.
    Butch Hannan

10. Thanks given for this post:

Frankincense (13-Jan-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Alright good and evil as it is, can be applied in almost anything; such as business, politicks, capitalism and let us not forget the money. So what the biggest mistake any person can make? Well they can think that money falls out of the sky and gold shows up in interesting and sometimes convenient places.

When politicians brings religion into play they don’t want to be proved wrong now this strategy is as old as the first 8 kings of England and can be traced back to a small town that was basically burned to the ground because they said that divinity can only be experienced by an individual and the cardinal didn’t like that very much so he killed a small town full of men, women and children. “What a nice man”

Well it didn’t stop there no... See young single women that had to do a man’s job was taken and burned alive, tortured and if they were lucky enough drowned before things gotten really bad. But when the cardinal was accused of witchcraft, hay they just pulled out and ran home with their spoils... leaving innocent women scared for life.

But more to the now, mmm what can we say, see it my understanding if you are not with whatever religion you are you are against it! This was said to me by a son of priest that planted some “stolen stuff” in my school bag and I got expelled because the son of a priest can’t do wrong in the eyes of a teacher” Still in the end karma got him back because he ended up fighting for his life due to drugs.” He is rehabilitated and I think he was given a valuable lesion.

So, when the words “New world order” was used by presidential election in the 1980 again the religion thing stood out because these words were based on cults and it was thought that the church will lose all immunities but again this did not happen. No the church is still running on a TAX free system and will explain the nice luxury cars that they can drive. Not to mention that all documentation and “new” findings goes to these churches and is basically hidden from public view, now that just screams “we are telling the truth”

Anyway fact is where there is blood, it is lightly you will find the involvement of the some or other religion... Now, one would think it is to aid with suffering but you will be wrong. A little known fact is when something really bad hits you and your family they will be there to talk to you, council you and then allow you to join them if you are useful enough.

But classic case and point was in 2009 with a local radio station. Now they got two people talking a man that used to be a drug dealing parricide and the other was a victim to child abuse. Both of them stated a list of things “that basically describe every single teenager” and if you child has more than one hit on this list he or she MUST be taken to be evaluated. The evaluation was then done by a x-drug users that will then identify your child as a possible candidate for drugs. Well this was a very successful campaign and they got funding... Well in the end they are still doing there thing unhindered and with the full blessing of the public.

So the word you are looking for right now is called “Manipulation” and it is a powerful tool so much so that a “collective” of men could do horrible things to others and get away with it until these victims got their own voice given to them by the free-will of the internet. 40 of the “collective” IS facing charges the others are still politically connected and will take some time but on the news it is clear that the “people” wants justice!

Now I might be alone but I have found that that I feel is the truth. I am not going to ram it down your spine and I am not going to mention it in arguments. IT IS MINE! And I will keep it that way. Now you can consider the above as an attack, or you can consider it as a history lesson and then perhaps we can get to the important stuff like how to deal with 33% loss of revenue we are facing this year... and total job loss for 2009.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    @Dave: You may be excused, but I do believe some of us may miss you because....
    "A well informed public opinion is essential to the growth of political and social awareness. Only he who is informed can comment intelligently on his nation's development and only by such comments can errors be corrected and progress stimulated"
    Don't worry - I'll still be reading

13. Thanks given for this post:

Frankincense (13-Jan-10)

Thanks
    Great Butch, then when we are all converted we can reintroduce the Inquisition to make sure no one strays again.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast